Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

How to contact dan kyle???

2K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  CBRVFR 
#1 ·
I've went through countless posts of everyone comparing dan kyle to a superhero of some sort, but does anyone have contact information, or do I need to shine the bat symbol in the air tonight?

I went to go for a ride today and noticed that my left fork seal is pouring oil out of it and the inner tube has some scratches. I'm not happy, but it is the right time of the year and it may be an excuse for an upgrade.

Thanks in advance

Luke

#15 ·
That is your problem then, alot of people say "But I set it down easy" yea right. Wheelies are the #1 cause of fork seals to go bad no matter how they are set down. Send them to Dan and get him to fix the seals and quit doing things the bike was not designed for and ride.

#20 ·
Sorry if I sounded defensive. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not a squid. Most sportbikes out there see way more abuse than mine.

If the guys riding VFR's with headlight modulators and wearing the yellow stripe vest are a 1. And GSX-r 1000 guy wearing shorts and a tanktop passing in blind corners and riding wheelies as far as the eye can see are a 10. I'm probably a 3 or 4.

Just seems odd to me that the scratches are there. I'm assuming a bushing failed or something.

Luke

#22 ·
Sorry if I sounded defensive. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not a squid. Most sportbikes out there see way more abuse than mine.

If the guys riding VFR's with headlight modulators and wearing the yellow stripe vest are a 1. And GSX-r 1000 guy wearing shorts and a tanktop passing in blind corners and riding wheelies as far as the eye can see are a 10. I'm probably a 3 or 4.

Just seems odd to me that the scratches are there. I'm assuming a bushing failed or something.

Luke
I seriously doubt you have scratches as a result of a failed bushing or other part. Most likely cause is a stone chip that hit the tube and stuck in the seal cover causing the scratch.

#24 · (Edited)

took several pics but it's hard to get the camera to show the scratches. This is the best one I could come up with. They don't look terrible at a glance but you can feel them if you run your fingernail acrossed them.

Side question. are 929 forks the same should I end up having to ebay something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.