32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: EVAP Valve & EGCV Servo Motor Removal
Here are the parts I bought from the local radio shack:
- 470uF 35v capacitor
- 220 ohm resistor (any wattage)
- 4.7k ohm resistor (any wattage)

Here are the steps (took me no longer than a half hour):
- Disconnect and Remove servo motor (you will need to remove, or at least raise, the gas tank to access servo motor)
- cut off servo motor connector ( leave at least a couple inches of wire on connector)
- connect green / orange wire from servo motor connector to negative terminal of capacitor
- connect one end of 220 ohm and 4.7k ohm to pos terminal of capacitor
- connect other end of 220 ohm resistor to red wire from servo motor connector
- connect other end of 4.7k ohm resistor to turquoise / pink wire from servo motor connector
- isolate and insulate all wire connections from each other
- install modified servo motor connector to mating connector
- re install tank
Voila!!:thumb:

This information was posted here by Toofass4udoo eighteen months ago and has been confirmed to work. He hasn't been back here since that time and I haven't done this myself, so if you need further advice just ask or check the original thread.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/59765-evap-valve-egcv-servo-motor-removal.html#post1013294

Thanks to Toofass!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The information is perfect for CBR929rr.....

I would expect it to be the same for both the 929 and the 954.
They're the only bikes with the HTEV system.

People have apparently used the 1000RR servo motor to "fix" the MIL on the 929/954 so it's _possible_ this _might_ work on the '04-'07 1000RR as well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If this servo motor controls some 'flaps' what are you supposed to do with them?.
I've got trouble with mine at the mo, getting code 35 but the dealer I bought from is replacing the servo for free. This has led me to look at the actual unit and from there I've seen these topics about removal.
But what would you do with the control cables coming from it, ? this doesn't get mentioned?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If this servo motor controls some 'flaps' what are you supposed to do with them?.
I've got trouble with mine at the mo, getting code 35 but the dealer I bought from is replacing the servo for free. This has led me to look at the actual unit and from there I've seen these topics about removal.
But what would you do with the control cables coming from it, ? this doesn't get mentioned?

You remove the cables as well.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
And then somehow fix the flaps shut I presume?

There is a flapper valve in the airbox - remove it.
There is a rotary valve within the HTEV housing - simply wire it into one of its three positions, up, down and forward. Try all three and decide which you prefer for the way you ride.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would expect it to be the same for both the 929 and the 954.
They're the only bikes with the HTEV system.

People have apparently used the 1000RR servo motor to "fix" the MIL on the 929/954 so it's _possible_ this _might_ work on the '04-'07 1000RR as well.
:smilebig: Lerry

I have CBR1000rr servo motor on my 929 already and using it for few years...:evilaugh::evilaugh:
You gotta PM man...

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a rotary valve within the HTEV housing - simply wire it into one of its three poisiontions, up, down and forward. Try all three and decide which you prefer for the way you ride.
Is there a noticeable difference in each position or is it subtle and down to personal style?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a noticeable difference in each position or is it subtle and down to personal style?

I'm sure there are many riders that wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but I wouldn't call it subtle myself.
As I said, try them for yourself and decide.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is a rotary valve within the HTEV housing - simply wire it into one of its three positions, up, down and forward. Try all three and decide which you prefer for the way you ride.
Sooo.... Could you completly remove the htev; and relace it with a 4:1 collector and have a "gp" style exhaust?? I'm just trying to learn, But I am curious. Does this comple tely take away the code safely or does it trick the computer into not showing you the warning light? Meaning; the bike still knows somthing is wrong but it cant show you because you bypassed its warning light?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sooo.... Could you completly remove the htev; and relace it with a 4:1 collector and have a "gp" style exhaust?? I'm just trying to learn, But I am curious. Does this comple tely take away the code safely or does it trick the computer into not showing you the warning light? Meaning; the bike still knows somthing is wrong but it cant show you because you bypassed its warning light?

I think what you're asking is does the MIL cause any problems with the bike even though the light is no longer flashing?
No, the HVIX MIL codes have _no_ effect on the running of the engine at all. All the warning light is telling you is that the servo motor is either not positioned correctly or is not moving correctly - it does not make any changes at the ECU for any problems with the servo motor.
Blockage of the HTEV valve or the airbox flapper will cause fueling problems though, regardless of whether you have MIL warnings.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Yes you can make your own header back exhuast just search GP exhaust here and you'll get a dozen threads about people that have done it.

As for the how the capacitor and resistors work is the installed capacitor (like a batery) collects a 5volt charge and sends a stabil signal back to the ECU that: 1.) the HTEV is in the correct position and 2.) the servo is working properly with the data it's receiving

This mod is simply replicating the response a working Servo and HTEV system would send to the ECU. It's not hurting anything. The only alternative would be to reprogram the ECU somehow to not have to perform this function.

This might help you too:
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/how...ml#post1111542

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think what you're asking is does the MIL cause any problems with the bike even though the light is no longer flashing?
No, the HVIX MIL codes have _no_ effect on the running of the engine at all. All the warning light is telling you is that the servo motor is either not positioned correctly or is not moving correctly - it does not make any changes at the ECU for any problems with the servo motor.
Blockage of the HTEV valve or the airbox flapper will cause fueling problems though, regardless of whether you have MIL warnings.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Yes you can make your own header back exhuast just search GP exhaust here and you'll get a dozen threads about people that have done it.

As for the how the capacitor and resistors work is the installed capacitor (like a batery) collects a 5volt charge and sends a stabil signal back to the ECU that: 1.) the HTEV is in the correct position and 2.) the servo is working properly with the data it's receiving

This mod is simply replicating the response a working Servo and HTEV system would send to the ECU. It's not hurting anything. The only alternative would be to reprogram the ECU somehow to not have to perform this function.

This might help you too:
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/how...ml#post1111542
Easy to understand. That will help.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Larry
Is this topic to erase MIL 34/35 work out for you

For my case, not yet??? I have HISS system and Non HISS CBR929rr, both can not be done...something wrong with it?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Larry
Is this topic to erase MIL 34/35 work out for you

For my case, not yet??? I have HISS system and Non HISS CBR929rr, both can not be done...something wrong with it?

The MIL doesn't bother me so I've never tried to remove it.
I really see no value at all in making such an effort.

Reactions: RRDemon
1 - 20 of 40 Posts