Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I installed the capacitor and resistors as described. My light is still on. It still flashes "34". Is there something else I need to do? clear the codes? or should it just shut off after I install the resistors/capacitor?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
It should just shut off as it should be detecting a "working servo". I have seen many people say that it does work, and just as many say that it does not work. I'm with Larry on this one, wasted money and effort. My MIL has been lit up since I replaced the standard exhaust with a full Ti Arata system, annoying at first, but you get used to it. Also worthy of note is the fact that the MIL will not flash once the transmission is engaged (put in gear), so the blinking is only annoying when I'm warming the bike up. Since I'm typically smoking a cig at this time, I don't pay it mind anyway =)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tried this recently and had no luck. Light has been on forever and will remain on. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
so just a little info if anyone can answer, i just bought a 954 that has had the flapper in the air box removed but the cable is still sticking up in the airbox. im not showing any FI light on the display. my question is should i go ahead and remove the cable and servo motor and do this mod or will there be any benefit to doing this? does this same servo motor also operate the exhaust flap? if i do this mod will the FI light come on after i hook up the new plug after removing the motor? or as long as its not showing i can remove the motor and add the module n never expect to see the FI light as long as the module was made correctly n is functioning as it should?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes the same servo controls the airbox flap and exhaust valve. Since the airbox flap is removed you could silicone the holes and remove the cables. No real gain except weight loss and decluttering. You could also rotate the valve to a position you prefer and lock it in place. Again, for street, no real benefit. If you do lock the exhaust in place you will remove the cables from the exhaust to the servo. At that time you have another couple of options. Leave the servo and no FI light. Remove the servo and deal with a light. Remove the servo and wire as above and maybe have a light. Or, remove the servo and install a known good servo delete module and get no light. I tried the above procedure but had no luck. it may have been me or the componets I used. I am fairly electrically inclined and do not want to blame myself but you never know. If you are inclined to remove the servo and exhaust valve try the above for $10 and see what happens for you. If this is a street bike then you you may want to just leave it.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
thanks zfrilly3 for the info. its my first honda street bike n yeah its just street use. i really dont even know why the previous owner removed the flapper. he had the snorkel pieces out n i put them back in because i thought it might be the cause of this ringing/whistling noise im getting at like over 20mph but it didnt make any difference. the bike still has all stock pipe n filter so like i said i dont really know why he removed the flap but just wanted to be sure that just leaving the motor and cable up to the box less that flapper wasnt going to cause any issues warranting the full removal. i think ill probably just leave it be as it sits for now. i guess if i upgrade the exhaust i might consider the mod but i still doubt it has much benefit even with a half exhaust.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Where is Magnet? I am originally from Bloomington.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
magnet is about half way between evansville indiana and louisville ky off hwy 64. population of about 14.5. my house is actually right on the ohio river. ive been to bloomington a bunch of times for various festivals n just to shop. i usually go thru brown county on the way to hit all those little shops n stuff. i eat at mother bears pizza every time i visit bloomington! usually towards the end of april.... :smilebig:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just bumping the thread.
Looking at the servo on my 929, it is cracking and flaking and will fall apart soon.
I am the third owner and I know one previous owner removed the flapper from the airbox, leaving the cable intact.
I have never got around to seeing if the HTEV valve in the pipes has been removed/adjusted.
However, I see that a plug n play servo dongle is now available, so I wouldn't need to make my own.
Got no idea if it works but I might outlay $ to get one so i can just remove the servo motor and cables once and for all.
Here is the link:
Servo Buddy - Exhaust Servo Eliminator - MOTOSPARES

I think amazon has it too, it seems to be generic to fit other bikes as well as Honda.
Cheers !

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
you can get them on ebay for much less. there are 2 different ones they both do the same thing.

Honda CBR929RR Exhaust Exup Valve Servo Eliminator Fi Light Removal Vizi Tec | eBay

Servo Buddy Honda CBR929 2000 2001 CBR954 2002 2003 Fi Light Htev Eliminator | eBay

or like you said you can build one for about 5$ with parts from radio shack. very simple to make. here is the write up on that.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/how-articles/102769-how-delete-htev-servo-no-fi-light.html?highlight=htev+delete

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
i hear ya. might just try n replace the 2 small resistors. its not uncommon for them to be duds.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have done this successfully on my 2002 954.

The capacitor was ordered on amazon based on the specs in the original post.

The resistors i found in the rummage bin at the local Radio Shack which is going out of business.

The resistors were the same resistance(ohms) as specified in the original post and were 1/4 watt.

The original post specified any wattage but this whole setup definitely worked with the wattage resistors i used.

I will also add that i stuck the resistors and negative side of the capacitor directly into the pins on the empty harness. No cutting or splicing.

I also soldered the two resistors onto slightly different sections of the positive side of the capacitor instead of wiring them together.

The light is off!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have tried this solution with no lock so far.. Error 34 remains.

Now I have seen a picture in this thread. and on this picture a 4.7 Ohm resistor was used..
So now I am wondering..

Could someone confirm the parts for me ?

Regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have made one by myself and buy one,none of them is working,error code 34 still on...now what,no clue?
Can anyone help?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
i have made one by myself and buy one,none of them is working,error code 34 still on...now what,no clue?
Can anyone help?

have you RESET the error codes after doing the modification?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
how i reset this,i have a honda cbr 1000 rr l.2004,i need to do something whit the service conector?
Follow the procedure(s) outlined in your Honda Service Manual (not the Owner's Manual). If you haven't one, I highly recommend purchasing and/or dowloading, and making yourself as familiar with it as you can... will save you hours of random trouble-shooting and potentially thousands of dollars in labor costs.

...and I believe this thread is intended for 2000-2001 929 and 2002-2003 954 owners. I am not familiar with the 1KRR.

Reactions: IanDoohan
21 - 40 of 40 Posts