Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
DUX said:
so does it smell like that motorcycle smell you get after a ride. I don't get why you'd want that without actually going for the ride. I guess the cruiser guys really are just looking for the image and now they can just add the scent without doing any of the riding. they say its a pleasant fragrance but what the hell does that mean? they coulda given a little bit more info, does it smell like a typical cologne or does it have some kind of motorcycle smell to it?

anyone else remember that thread awhile back where the guy asked how he could keep himself from smelling like that after a ride?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
CBR929RE said:
so does it smell like that motorcycle smell you get after a ride. I don't get why you'd want that without actually going for the ride. I guess the cruiser guys really are just looking for the image and now they can just add the scent without doing any of the riding. they say its a pleasant fragrance but what the hell does that mean? they coulda given a little bit more info, does it smell like a typical cologne or does it have some kind of motorcycle smell to it?

anyone else remember that thread awhile back where the guy asked how he could keep himself from smelling like that after a ride?
"Pleasant fragrance" from a guy is usually a polite way of saying he ripped one. This current perfume, body splash and other crud for guys scares me more than the earring thing did. Yet another delta to move the sheep further from style...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
sheepofblue said:
"Pleasant fragrance" from a guy is usually a polite way of saying he ripped one. This current perfume, body splash and other crud for guys scares me more than the earring thing did. Yet another delta to move the sheep further from style...
haha don't joke shops already have "fart perfume"?
I bet this stuff is just the Pauls fart in colored water then quickly put it in a bottle.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
CBR929RE said:

Hey :nono: ... I'm a cruiser guy too, but not concerned at all about the "image." I wear full-face, gloves, and and armored jacket...even in summer. Please don't lump me in with the boys who park their Harleys outside a bar on a beautiful sunny weekend and spend the whole day looking out the window at it instead of riding :D

The fart perfume thing might be close to target. After meeting Paul Sr., I bet he likes the smell of his own and thinks the world should share in the aroma :thumbd:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
DUX said:
Hey :nono: ... I'm a cruiser guy too, but not concerned at all about the "image." I wear full-face, gloves, and and armored jacket...even in summer. Please don't lump me in with the boys who park their Harleys outside a bar on a beautiful sunny weekend and spend the whole day looking out the window at it instead of riding :D

The fart perfume thing might be close to target. After meeting Paul Sr., I bet he likes the smell of his own and thinks the world should share in the aroma :thumbd:
ok I take it back the Hardley and Hardley wannabe's are the ones who are after image. you buy a Harley for image not for riding, why would anyone buy a vehicle that has a factory oil leak. People who ride Japanese cruisers usually have atleast 3/4 helmets and gloves and some kind of decent jacket on.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CBR929RE said:
why would anyone buy a vehicle that has a factory oil leak.
One day we put a little puddle of oil under a guys bike in the parking lot. Although environmentally unsound, it was really funny to see his face as we walked out at the end of the day :D

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
CBR929RE said:
ok I take it back the Hardley and Hardley wannabe's are the ones who are after image. you buy a Harley for image not for riding, why would anyone buy a vehicle that has a factory oil leak. People who ride Japanese cruisers usually have atleast 3/4 helmets and gloves and some kind of decent jacket on.
With my powerball winnings I plan on buying a Lowrider and BMW R1150RT. Don't knock Harleys just because of some of the people that own them are losers. Dad had a Lowrider that I used to ride before some %^&^^@ stole it, and it was a very enjoyable bike. Not a 1000RR but then neither is my Ascot :idunno:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
DUX said:
One day we put a little puddle of oil under a guys bike in the parking lot. Although environmentally unsound, it was really funny to see his face as we walked out at the end of the day :D
I take it it was not a harley cause given enough time they leak on their own. my friend's father who has a 65 XLCH (its actually kind nice, but loudest thing ever) and he says he's never seen a Harley that doesn't leak.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a Harley, and owned by one of those guys who looks down on anything else for no good reason. We give him a hard time whenever we get the chance.

I think they build some good looking machines, just not anywhere worth the hype. They only real problem I have with them is some of the riders who are morons think that if it's not a Harley, it isn't a bike. It's really funny in Delaware. In addition to all of that, the riders who don't wear helmets turn their noses up at the ones who do.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
DUX said:
It was a Harley, and owned by one of those guys who looks down on anything else for no good reason. We give him a hard time whenever we get the chance.

I think they build some good looking machines, just not anywhere worth the hype. They only real problem I have with them is some of the riders who are morons think that if it's not a Harley, it isn't a bike. It's really funny in Delaware. In addition to all of that, the riders who don't wear helmets turn their noses up at the ones who do.
yeah thats the attitude I hate. that one about the helmet guys is pretty bad. My friend's dad is the only harley rider I really know and he's cool. We give each other crap all the time. He tried to give me and a friend crap for our bikes coming with tool kits. we mentioned that Mercs come with tool kits. and I said its just "adjustability in a bag" and we could take most of the bike apart without buying a single tool.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
DUX said:
Every Harley rider around me has paid big $$$ to add a chrome or leather tool kit with a HD logo to thier bike.
awesome. its always handy to have some tools with you. Back in college me and a coworker got to drive the athletic teams (in addition to the driving the bus on campus) and we drove the volleyball team to Maine one time and we found an Ames going out of business and they had this cheap tool kit that was like 70% off so it cost me $10, I keep that in my car trunk just in case.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Since were on it..... Nex new HD you see, count the #of times you see the bar and shield logo on the bike. Strange how the manufacturer that sells the bike most in need of the toolkit sends less than 5 of their models out the door with them. Do realize that HD has the ultimate marketing strategy for the 'faithful'. (faithful meaning mindless sheep) They sell you a bike that you end up paying for twice. You buy a bike that comes underpowered and underchromed(so say the faithful). So what happens, buy a 2nd exh., carb, air cleaner, chrome this, that, new seat, new handlebars. Before you know it, you cave the stock bike on the shelf and the assembly of Screamin Turkey parts on two chrome wheels that didnt some with the bike either!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
CBRBob said:
Since were on it..... Nex new HD you see, count the #of times you see the bar and shield logo on the bike. Strange how the manufacturer that sells the bike most in need of the toolkit sends less than 5 of their models out the door with them. Do realize that HD has the ultimate marketing strategy for the 'faithful'. (faithful meaning mindless sheep) They sell you a bike that you end up paying for twice. You buy a bike that comes underpowered and underchromed(so say the faithful). So what happens, buy a 2nd exh., carb, air cleaner, chrome this, that, new seat, new handlebars. Before you know it, you cave the stock bike on the shelf and the assembly of Screamin Turkey parts on two chrome wheels that didnt some with the bike either!
Funny you mention that Honda's cruisers come with about everything already chromed for a lot less money and a tool kit too. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts