Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's how to paint graphics on your bike. Read it start to finish for the complete instructions because the way I explain the process.

I really like the Duplicolor Perfect Match paint since it's great for DIY painters who don't want to bother storing and taking care of all the painting equipment.

So here's where the project started:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

With enough patience any paint flaws can be fixed with wet sanding, re-taping, and re-painting. Using the high quality spray cans is nice for that because you can switch back and forth from painting one color to another easily.

Have fun! You can do these kind of graphics over your bike's stock paint after taking a heat gun and removing the stock graphics and wet the stock clear coat with 1000grit enough to lightly scuff it so the graphics stick.

Good luck!

I'm on Facebook as Matt CBR if you want to follow all my projects:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you use fine line tape instead of thin regular tape you won't get bleed through on the tape lines. The tape your using isn't actually for edges. The blue vinyl 3m 1/4" tape would work much better for what your doing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
nice walkthrough, can't paint at present but i have a feeling this will come in handy down the track :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Yeah I've done google searches and nothing comes up, so it's nice to give back and write these things out on a world wide forum so others can DIY.

If you use fine line tape instead of thin regular tape you won't get bleed through on the tape lines. The tape your using isn't actually for edges. The blue vinyl 3m 1/4" tape would work much better for what your doing.
Good point! I just used this because it was under $10 and provided a lot more tape for the dollar:)

You're right I did have a little bleed through... but the wet sanding took care of it easy.

3M products are great (made right here in MN) but the blue interior home painting tape is crap for auto paint;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts