Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
This thread is a life saver, i'm just building up the tools, and a bottom end off Ebay, will be attempting this in early March.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I don't think I noticed this thread before.... maybe during on of my "away from the org" spurts =) A lot of good information in there that definitely would help to make this entire process do-able for the "average joe" at home. Not sure that I will ever dig in this far.. but it is likely coming eventually =)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Started on Friday last week, finished today. This thread and a Haynes is all you need, i only needed a second pair of hands when it came to putting the engine back in, taking out, and lifting onto the bench was ok unless you're vegan. No major problems, fecked a screw on a velocity stack removing them, and pranged the timing wheel with the clutch holder tool, not big fixes, and Ebay replacements only cost £25 all told. I bought a complete bottom end off Ebay, so just swapped out the input/output shafts, and forks/drum, which were minty on the replacements, but mine were proper shagged (forks and dogs). If your facing this issue and holding off, don't, it's no big deal at all, just assemble the required tools, and dive in.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts