Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a triple tree protection sticker thing from ebay, it seems that I have to remove both clip ons to stick it on properly, unless i cut the sticker (which I don't want to do)

I undid the pinch bolts but the clip ons wouldn't budge, there was just a little movement that's all, do I have to undo anything else? The main 24 mm bolt cap appears to be the same diameter as the shaft anyway so I don't think removing those will help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Muso, is there a very thin circlip ring around the top of stanchion preventing the clip-on coming off:smile Bill
Ahh Yes Bill there is, you're a champ - now that I've put my glasses on LOL
It's a very thin circlip type ring, don't know how I missed it :(

Will I need special circlip pliers?

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Hi Muso, no pliers needed just a small sharp screwdriver, but put a cloth over the top to catch it in case it goes "pinging off", have done that myself with not wearing my glasses, Oh I wish I was young again:crying:wink Bill

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Muso, no pliers needed just a small sharp screwdriver, but put a cloth over the top to catch it in case it goes "pinging off", have done that myself with not wearing my glasses, Oh I wish I was young again:crying:wink Bill
Cheers Bill ;) Yes it's taking me a while to realise that I'm not 21 anymore and this glasses thing really sucks LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts