Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get the tail section outer off these bikes, 2006 1000RR? I was trying to remove it to get rid of the turn signals and heat sheilds and got to the point that it seemed I had to spread the plastic to remove. I did not want to force it off thinking there has to be a trick or complete disassemby required.

I hate these ugly turn signals and plate mount they need to go.

thnks
homie

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the '05, you have to remove the 4 bolts and spread it, if you just pull on one side you can get it to come off, it seems like you going to bust it but you won't.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When i did mine i was worried on cracking it too, if i remember correctly one side of it you dont have to stretch as far. If your gentle with it, it should give you no problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On the '06 1K RR, the right side (facing forward) comes over the internals easier than the left. Once you have the bolts undone, you spread that side out and it will slide up. It really DOES feel like you're going to bust it, but you won't. It took me an hour to get mine off the first time due to fear of breaking it. After the first time, you'll be able to do it in a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
if an any point you hear a little voice say f*ck it,
if you can stop the signial before it makes it to your hands
dont start jerking on it
it will crack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts