Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along some info on how to check your tires manufacture date.

Look on your tires sidewall, there will be a code on there when decrypted can tell you the year and week of when the tire was made. It will be in an area that looks kind of like this
*(__)*.

I'm going to replace my front tire (Dunlop D204). The code is 9BV257 Which means it was made the 25th week of 1997. Ouch! 6 years old!

My rear tire (Dunlop D207) shows a code of 9AC2300. Which to me means the 23rd week of 2000. This is the only one I'm not sure of. I guessing that they no longer use one character for the year but now two. Anybody know different?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yup, as far as I know that's correct. And I also heard they are now using 2 digits for the year now instead of one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wow, I just learned something for the day. Now I can go home and go back to bed.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The last 4 digits, from what my MC mechanic pal told me, are the most important.

Format: <week><year>

The ones I just tossed on my bike (they were take-offs I used for my LG trip) said: DBA1000 so they were made the 10th week of 2000. Ugh. Hardly fresh rubber...

Does that decoding sound right?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Now I'm not feeling so bad about riding around on a rear that was made in 0101. Bummer is, I got two of them with that same date code, and if I go much longer on the one I have mounted, I'll be wary of mounting the new one that's waiting to go on. The front was made in the middle of 02, so no probs there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts