Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed a few days ago the lock barrel was loose, and i thought i must get a spring clip

and relised that i have now manage to loose it entirely :thumbd: is there anyway to get the pillion seat undone, with a bar, screwdrive or what ...... ?

·
Registered
900 Posts
which bike is it.....you will either have to push something or slide something...there might be a flat plate that the barrle would have pushed down on when the key was turned, or a sring loaded catch, what can you see through hole....................

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the nc23, well basically i can see nothing, from memory i think it was a spring loaded, with a catch(like on money boxes)

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
If you are careful you should be able to separate the tail pieces between the tail light section and the part the lock sits in and slide a screwdriver in and move the locking mechanism to unlock the seat.. I had to do it on mine when my lock siezed up..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but the screws for the tailpece are under the seat and dont really fancy breaking the panels :/

one simple problem can cause major problems to gain acess

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill let you no how and if i manage to get it open. another job along with the change of coolant fluids as its plain water and the winter is coming

and thanks for ur help

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
but the screws for the tailpece are under the seat and dont really fancy breaking the panels :/
If you are careful* you should be able to squeeze a screwdriver through the gap to undo it and not snap anything..

* But if you aren't careful and snap summat don't blame me :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
well where is the disclaimer form for me to sign then loopy ? lol :D
Here you go :D

"I, Nasher123, promise NOT to blame Loopy if I manage to bugger up the tail piece on my bike trying to open the rear seat........"

:rotfl:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think i requires you to send me a signature, your credit card, and pin number by post as for security reasons :p

not for emptying your bank account if i brake it some how lol

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
i think i requires you to send me a signature, your credit card, and pin number by post as for security reasons :p

not for emptying your bank account if i brake it some how lol
Nice try, but... no :rasp:

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
If you are careful you should be able to separate the tail pieces between the tail light section and the part the lock sits in and slide a screwdriver in and move the locking mechanism to unlock the seat.. I had to do it on mine when my lock siezed up..
:plus1:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i found a way, if you stick your finger in the hole, you find a little bar to the right and pull it down, if i can do it that easy, how many more people can, who wanna knick me seat :S

1 - 18 of 18 Posts