Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have/would have a fast sportscar? Everyone rides a certain way on the bike, and I won't get into the way I ride around dumb motorists, but would you drive slow or the speed limit in an exotic? I see more people with really, really nice cars not use the damn thing, it's a status symbol I guess. What say thee? I'd like to hear from Baketech and the others who previously owned muscle cars. Did you creep that car, or did you have the foot in the gas? :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I would drive the wheels off if I had something hot like that and fast..

Down here there are a million old people with money needless to say the majority of these cars don't ever get to 80 mph much less triples

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i drive fast whatever car i am driving. I tear up the rental cars and when I am not in those I am winding out the L. And when I get the vette :eyebrows:

I think it has alot to do with where you are too, in ATL EVERYBODY drives fast, no matter what they are in. I just came back from Milwaukee and they drive the speed limit, not 5mph over - THE speed limit. I noticed the same thing in Dallas as well.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
To me that's the whole point of having one. Although my twin-turbo Audi A6 looks like a modest luxury sedan, it drives much more like a sports car. I love to push it (safely, of course!). It's been fun taking it up to around 140 on deserted desert roads between here and Vegas, etc. If I wanted to drive like Grandma, I would have opted for the 2.8 model (slow non-turbo for about $7,500 less), rather than the 2.7T.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yeah those tauruses are awefully peppy aren't they. :eyebrows:

j/k The taurus sho is a pretty quick little bugger. My ex got a 92 in a 75 when I was down there in TexaSS.

Oh, and the ricers are pretty shocked when I pull ahead of them off the line in my 00 Silverado wit da 6.0 366. :D Of course they pull ahead of me shortly after that, but I get a kick out of it anyways. :)

Trucks is made fer klymin not fer racin. :nod:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh, but to answer your question, no. I am a very courteous driver who always follow the letter of the law.

Did I tell you guys about that ticket I got for exhebition of speed for doing a donut on the sand at fulsom lake by the park ranger?? Yeah, cause it's apparently illegal to break traction ... on SAND.

Sorry, [threadjack off]

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I have taken my monte carlo up around 100 (spedo only says 85 but my friend who I was following said he was doing about 100) I can't wait to get the new engine all done and in there, its gonna be hard not beating the crap out of it right away.

and come on any rent a car is just asking to be beat on. when my friend had a Thunderbird he blew that thing up so many times and it was under warr anty so it got fixed free (5 engines) and the last one they wouldn't give him a rent a car because of "things that have happened in the past" what kind of crap is that we only put over 2000 miles on one of them in 2 weeks and he put an engine knock in another one in a day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'd rail the piss outa an exotic if I had one. What's the point in having one otherwise? I drive the hell outa my truck (and I've got 18" of lift) and my bike, I'd hate to see what I'd do with a car that was designed to be driven hard.

·
Registered
497 Posts
All gas or all brake. I think I've had indentions in the floor board under each peddle. :smilebig: So exotic or not I'll put her to use. Of course I've toned it down but still from time to time gotta air it out.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I had one kind of funny experience with my Audi. Once while returning from a business trip to Sun Valley, through a sweet twisty stretch on a narrow two-lane highway, I decided to take advantage of my car's oomph to blaze by a row of about 10 slower cars and a motor home. When I passed the motor home in the front of the pack, just before a blind turn as the double line came back, I was doing about 110.

About five miles down the road, I stopped at a Chevron to fill up. As I came out through the front door of the mini-mart, this twenty-something guy came up to me and unexpectedly raised his hand to give me a high-five (!), while proclaiming "Yo, that A6 is the bomb, dude!" Apparently one of the people I blazed a few miles back. I wasn't expecting that at all, but it was pretty cool and funny.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TGZ13 said:
And a call for help after a run in with the law :smilebig:
Naaahhh, the V1 does a damn good job. When I do get it, I will take off a good week from work and do some driving. :evilaugh: Perhaps visiting a few .org members in several states.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts