Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing more CBR's round town lately and when one pulls up to me, I'm wanting to say hi and, oh go to fireblades.org if you haven't already.

Then again I'm in my truck most of the time and for some reason back off thinking the guy would think I'm a groupie or something.

Anyways, I did a google search last year and have been impressed with the fellas, and gals, in this forum. As most of you figured out, I'm not quite on the up and up with technical stuff or racing like a lot here, but do enjoy the company and always get something out of it.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Same, did a google search the day I got approved for my loan (was skiing at Whistler at the time - you can imagine my joy to know that I had a brand new 929RR to go home to, so going home, for once, wasn't a bad thing...

Anyway, google pointed here, and I liked what I saw

Z...

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Was a big motorush.com groupie and scouser told me to stop on by. never did and he kept asking me, for about 2 months and finally did and NEVER went back, that place blowed

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'd heard about Motobush regulars defecting to this site, and after I'd had enough of Motobush, I jumped on here and found a more mature gruop that has interest in the bike beyond polishing frames and hooking up neons. A couple member thought I was hunting Taz, but I'd had no idea he was over here. He eventually faded, thankfully. I like the community here, and enjoy the intelligent and spirited conversations, not to mention the NWS posts.....

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I have no idea how I stumbled onto this place (old age/memory thing), but I'm glad I did. How else would I be able to irritate so many people daily?!
Seriously, this place is one, big, happy family - thanks Conq .

·
Registered
397 Posts
I was on 'One Life to Live'... Uhhh... I mean sportbikes.ws

I saw a picture of the 998/1000RR. At the bottom of the picture it said http://www.fireblades.org so i checked it out and so far I like it alot. Not to mention no one is all over one persons jock

Thanks-a-mill Conq.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I used to visit motorush, but then I saw the light and only come here now

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I was walking around at a car show in Mentor, ran into a guy on a '00 929, we chatted for a bit, and he said that there's this site called fireblades.org where any questions I have about my bike will be answered. This was about 51 weeks ago

Thanks Conq, and everyone else

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : I was walking around at a car show in Mentor, ran into a guy on a '00 929, we chatted for a bit, and he said that there's this site called fireblades.org where any questions I have about my bike will be answered.  This was about 51 weeks ago

Anabelle's? fivestar929? Damn I'm good.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I had good luck on net forums with other bikes in the past...a great way to learn and share information, and meet up with like minded riders....

I was looking for a good resource when I was considering going to the Dark Side and getting a 929......I ended up finding this place instead....

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I was a motorush person, because thats really all there was back in the day. Then Conq started this one....it was not long, and I followed him over here like many of the others.

I have seen a bunch of forums that have 'cards' that they leave on others bikes or cars that they see. it brings more to the forum...but I spread the word all the time when I see people.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Motorush also, till the 929/954 area fell off the face of the map. I didn't like how they kept changing the domain of the site everytime a new bike came out. Went from 929 to 954 to whatever is next.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
showmethebombs : I have seen a bunch of forums that have 'cards' that they leave on others bikes or cars that they see.  it brings more to the forum...but I spread the word all the time when I see people.
I carry generic biz cards that just have my email on them....they are handy whenever I meet riders that I want to get in touch with.

I also keep a couple that say:

Fireblades.Org
'ConqSoft'
Evil Admin

These are especially handy when out of town and you want to give the village skank a ride......

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just stubled upon it through a Google search like most people. But I stay on to see everyone verbally piss on each other. Makes my work day just fly by!

Plus, the tech information is the best I could have ever hoped to find. You guys rock!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Heavy-Dee : Quote (ND4SPDSHO @ July 14 2003, 6:24am)I was walking around at a car show in Mentor, ran into a guy on a '00 929, we chatted for a bit, and he said that there's this site called fireblades.org where any questions I have about my bike will be answered.  This was about 51 weeks ago

Anabelle's?  fivestar929?  Damn I'm good.
Annabelle's is right, and the other member is redriderinblue. He doesn't post much, just every now and then

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got here thanks to a Google search as well. I was searching with intent. My brother in law has a VFR and is a member of their forum, so I was hoping that the same kind of thing was around for the Fireblade. I was very pleased and thankful for what I found here. Started out on Motorush and then checked out this place. Only gone back for the occasional jaunt through some threads about Conq.

Thanks a bunch for the awesome site!

You're the best Conq.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts