Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, It's a first for me, I can actually brag about the weather in January, so please, remember that this is MY FIRST how's the weather post, all comments are welcome, helps from the pros would be nice (LTL....). Maybe I'll go too hard, maybe not enough, just let me know and I'll post another one in February.

OK' here it is:

How's the weather in your part of the globe? Here we just had a cold front coming in, it went down to 83..... but now we are fine, everything is back to normal and we are back to 85. Not in single drop of rain in seven weeks, but everything is still green and beautiful, guess they got plenty of reserve from raining season?? Today we went scuba diving, we did had to put a wet suit on, you know at 40 feet the water is a little bit colder....

Ok, was it ok? maybe a picture would help or is it too much.... What about the two finger smilies, should I insert one or many of those in there???? :allears:

That thing is harder than I thought.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Well, last week I went for several bike rides in 80 degree weather. Been kinda windy though.

This week I've been in Tokyo freezing my nuts off at 32F. :rotfl:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well here in Philly the sun didn't come up till after 07:00 or so to warm up the 40 F. ground, I thinks. Then around high noon something happened, a wet mist decended from the heavens to bring a ever slowly but increasing rain. But wait!!!! The best part of the Whole Day was driving home (at night again mind you, just like when i left there) the rain was most furious. What fun.

Ha ha, even if it was 90 and beautiful i would still be waiting for my new ride and having a less than whole day............count down untill Sat Jan. the 14th '06------Two days, 23hrs, 5 mins, 9 secs...... give or take.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
60's here and very nice. almost perfect I would say for riding especially considering it is January and we should be in the 40's.

Tomorrow I will ride to work and then out to Shady Valley to run the mountain with some friends.. Will be very nice..

Supposed to get 2 days over the weekend in the mid 40's and then back to 60's by monday or tuesday...

Can't complain one but.. Wife will be pissed when I need to buy more tires by the end of January. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Nice mild sunny zero degrees here. Haven't had any snow for over a month and it snowed a bit this morning... of course the commute was a total fuckoff. I even hit the ditch:crap:. Locked up the brakes when a car stopped in front of me, let my foot off the brake, aimed for the (steep) ditch and pinned it so I'd have enough momentum to get back on the road. Managed to get back on without hitting anything... sphincter was definitely a bit puckered though.

·
Registered
622 Posts
70s, sunny, perfect riding weather. Last weekend I got about 700 miles in.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
We've seen the sun for about 12 hours in the last 30 days. ( Reportedly... I was working so that's hearsay.)

:rant:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It's been very mild here in Northern VA.... high 50s low 60s in the day. Why'd I sell my bike again?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
MrX954 said:
I think Mojave wins the award for rubbing in how good the weather is in Cali when us New Englanders are freezin our arse off.
Why thank you Mr.X thank you very much.

Ahhhh today's weather, nice 65 and sunny. Front moved in this afternoon and really cooled us off to 55. Nippy in the morning, 24, brrrrr. Rode last Sunday. Logged about 120 miles on some nice and twisty California mountains and canyons. Even got to wind it out a bit on the desert flats. Oh so sweet, life in cali is.

Saturday I am off to Willow Springs Raceway to get the forks resprung, then Sunday, another ride in the mountains, canyons, desert flats. Boring life but somone has to do it. :D

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Mojave954 said:

Ahhhh today's weather, nice 65 and sunny. Front moved in this afternoon and really cooled us off to 55. Nippy in the morning, 24, brrrrr. Rode last Sunday. Logged about 120 miles on some nice and twisty California mountains and canyons. Even got to wind it out a bit on the desert flats. Oh so sweet, life in cali is.

Saturday I am off to Willow Springs Raceway to get the forks resprung, then Sunday, another ride in the mountains, canyons, desert flats. Boring life but somone has to do it. :D
Get your butt out to Pahrump in 2 weeks!! Get some more practice in on the track!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
60 .....(hey how'd proto get a degrees thingy in his post???) well anyways it was 60 degrees here today and raining so no sun but thats a nice warm day for New England in the winter

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Mojave954 said:

grasshopper (jetbdude) this is how its done properly.

yesterday almost 60º (OSX its option 0). this morning I had to fight with the thick layer of ice on my windshield before going to work. Only in NE can it be t-shirt weather one day and freezing with snow the next.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Yup, it was around 50 F here on Saturday, but pouring rain and wind all day. Today it's freezing out, got a dusting of snow and still windy. I finally ventured out today about 5 mins ago to find my truck doors frozen shut. My pizza will be ready in 15 mins, so I've gotta get the doors open.

Soon, very soon, I will have the truck back in the garage, finally, after too many years. Woohoo!!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Yeah it was nasty out here too. Only about 55 but man that wind. :eek: Had to almost tach it to get back to the house. Once down in the canyons it wasn't too bad but every once inwhile, BLAM out of nowhere you are knocked around.

Still, logged another 120. Can't beat that.

Side note: freshly sprung forks are working sweeeeeeeeeet..:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts