Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if you could run HRC brake pads for everyday riding or is it a waste of money?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
That's a difficult question to answer without considering what is important to you.

I run 94 octane in my cruiser, and get blasted by several people, but it's worth it to me. I bead blast my rotors every other race weekend and always wire brush my pads after bedding them in, so the relative 'worth' of anything is really only up to you.

The HRC pads are great and work well under just about any conditions. Are they a better 'value' than say EBC double H kit pads? Maybe, because they certainly last longer and the intial bite is incredible. So even at 3 times the price, they may be a better choice for you.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I just bought a set of pads.

Rick

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have had good luck with the HRC, but you might also look into Ferrodo sintered pads. They work very well. Also when you change your pads, you should clean your rotors. Ferrodo sells a neat little rotor hone that you use with a cordless drill at low rpm. I bought mine at Laguna for $39.00.
Sugoi8

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sugoi8 : I have had good luck with the HRC, but you might also look into Ferrodo sintered pads.  They work very well.  Also when you change your pads, you should clean your rotors.  Ferrodo sells a neat little rotor hone that you use with a cordless drill at low rpm.  I bought mine at Laguna for $39.00.
Sugoi8
For the street OEM pads are quite good...I have even done most of my trackdays on OEM pads and they were fine....I recently changed over to the HRC and they are better... but I would never come even remotely close to needing the stopping power on the street that the track requires...but its only $$$$$

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
02FBlade : anybody try carbonelorraine racing pads?   Looking for feedback for other track guys/racers.
Buddy of mine just put them on his 929 before we hit the track this week. He said the initial bite, once warmed up, was fantastic. All I know is that he was braking a helluva later than me and stopping a helluva faster! I bought the HRC pads but haven't installed them yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts