Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a link and plates for my 954 Which has (EK8 02 B5) stamped on the side. I believe this is similar to the Dan Kyle link? Apparently HRC made 10 different types, handed them to BSB riders for testing and the majority got the best feedback from the B5 link so this was mass produced for BSB riders back in the day.

Question I have is...What are the actual benefits of these links suppose to have over the standard link?

I'm having to modify my exhaust to fit this link, is it really worth it? Before you say it...i'm struggling to find a full system!

Thanks,

Mike.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
gives extra ride height changing the geometry and i believe it helps resist deflection under heavy throttle. ive read somewhere that with that link on the 954 you need a lighter spring on your shock to get the best out of it. i think you best bet would be to contact kyle racing and talk to them about the benefits of using that link and also talk with them about the spring rate of your shock. those guys are always helpful and you can bet if they sell or sold a product its worth putting on the bike. : )

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=lBFJEF2ll37NT6_868KAVA&bvm=bv.84607526,d.aWw

Telephone
(831) 394-1330
(866) 667-4925 Toll Free
FAX
(831) 394-1331
Postal address
801B California Avenue, Sand City, CA 93955
Dan Kyle: [email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info thanks....

I also read that about the lighter spring required...I mentioned it to the guys I use to service my shock who have re-valved it to suit the spring rate for my weight with standard link so i'm going to try that and if I don't like it i'll go lighter...or put the standard link in and try that..

Cheers,

Mike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts