Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Than stock ? I'm thinking about this mod ,seems good for " instant " throttle response . Is the flick of the wrist that much more powerfull over the stock throttle ??? In other words, was the mod worth the money in your opinion :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Not a good idea for anything but a drag bike. When you make the distance it takes to go from closed to wot less, you also lose fine control. In 90 deg of throttle turn, you move the throttle plates essentially 90 deg. 1-1. Now make 72 deg of throttle move 90 deg of plates. Less fine control. 45deg of throttle turn 2-1.
I remember reading about Duhamel's bikes. He likes the 1st 45deg of throttle to move about 36deg of throttle plates, the 2nd 45 deg moves it the rest to wot. This gives FINER control in the transition off closed throttle. When do you use this? Yep, leaned way over in a turn when you DON'T want a lot of throttle, really fast.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Everyone I know of that has done this mod LOVES IT!!!! Myself included. I don't think it makes the bike too "twitchy". You do learn good throttle control and it feels like you've gained 10hp.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
It was a tough first weekend for me on the track when I switched to the HRC throttle. I felt like I had no control. I don't know what to say to whoever said the bike felt faster because of the throttle. That's simply rediculous. But definitely more hurky jurky. Especially in first gear.

·
Registered
210 Posts
dont listen to naysayers

had it for 1000 miles
first 50 took it easy
last 950 didnt even notice

you get used to it quickly
consider it like going from a 600 to a 1000 all over again

people that say no dont do it
probably dont have it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts