Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-26TX reciever and recently have been been getting static from the right front channel. It's not the speaker (I switched the L and R and then even tried a different speaker altogether.) It's definately the R channel. Anyway, I'm getting static from all the sources, even when there is no signal being played. The only time the static disappears is when I switch from Analog to Digital.
Wires seem to be connected fine.

Any ideas? Or should I just take it to the repair shop and wait for the bill?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Its an elite, the warranty should be pretty long right??

I'd check into that if you can't alienate cables and or source cabling as the problem...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ccwilli3 : Its an elite, the warranty should be pretty long right??

I'd check into that if you can't alienate cables and or source cabling as the problem...
I've owned this receiver for 4-5 years now. I don't think the warranty is THAT long...

I'll switch the wires and see if that works.

This is happening at all audible volume levels ie: it gets louder when the volume is turned up.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
NH, I know Sony ES is 5 years, Elite should be at least that. My friend has an older elite and he was getting some noise in his rear channels too. Maybe it was a similar model?? He ended up finding a bad joint in there and when we fixed it (ie, soldered it), the noise went away...

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zeeman : Stupid question - is it a Surround Receiver? If so - did you put it into 'test tone' mode by accident?

Z...
Yup it is a surround receiver (THX Dolby Digital etc etc etc)

Nah. The test tone sweeps from speaker to speaker on this one plus the static isn't quite as bad as the white noise (not as solid) of the test tone.

CC, I guess I'll just have to look at my old paperwork and see if it's still covered or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts