Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck do you do with them after putting on your brand new full Hindle? Just let them dangle where they are? I know they have to be able to move or you'll get an FI error. What did you guys do with them? :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ConqSoft said:
Remove the cables, but leave the servo alone. You'll need to lift your tank, and lift your airbox a little to remove the cables from the bottom of it. Then plug the hole.
Are we talking about the same thing? I mean the cables going to the exhaust valve, not the flapper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Remove the cables, but leave the servo alone. You'll need to lift your tank, and lift your airbox a little to remove the cables from the bottom of it. Then plug the hole.
I didn't have to lift anything to remove my cables and there were no holes to plug. :huh: The cables come off easy enough....you just have to get some slack in the cable and find the correct slot so that the cable end slides up and out of the servo. Don't forget to mark the position of the servo before you move it. I used a long thin flat blade screwdriver to help move the cable end up the channel on the servo. Piece of cake. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HondaGal said:
I didn't have to lift anything to remove my cables and there were no holes to plug. :huh: The cables come off easy enough....you just have to get some slack in the cable and find the correct slot so that the cable end slides up and out of the servo. Don't forget to mark the position of the servo before you move it. I used a long thin flat blade screwdriver to help move the cable end up the channel on the servo. Piece of cake. :)
Ahhh......I see, I didn't think about taking them off the servo, I just figured everybody stached them somewhere out of sight. That would make it easier to reinstall the stock exhaust if you ever sell the bike. Thanks, HG!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
slowpoke said:
Ahhh......I see, I didn't think about taking them off the servo, I just figured everybody stached them somewhere out of sight. That would make it easier to reinstall the stock exhaust if you ever sell the bike. Thanks, HG!
Glad to help! :smilebig:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
You don't have to lift the tank, unless you want to deal with the Flapper in the airbox. If you look carefully on the left side under the back of the gas tank and frame opening you will see the "servo". Take a sharpie marker pen, and put a mark on the servo and on a fixed point above it. (just in case it moves--you can reset it back to where it was). The trick to removing the cables is that they remove from the TOP, not the bottom. Pull all the slack from the hanging cables so that you can see where the ends are located on the servo. Takes about 10 min if the cables are loose at the bottom.
Sugoi8
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Yup, what HondaGal said. I removed my flapper cable by accident, not realizing at first what it was. I just hooked it back up again, as I've left the flapper in place. You may need to find a new place to hook the idle control knob, at least I did on my 929. I just clipped it to something else. All is good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
I romoved the flapper when I did my exhaust. I removed the entire grooved piece the cables sit in from the servo. There was an allen head set screw that attached it to the servo motor. The motor spins as normal and I have the cables in the correct positions still attached to the HTEV if I ever go back to stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HondaGalToo said:
Yup, what HondaGal said. I removed my flapper cable by accident, not realizing at first what it was. I just hooked it back up again, as I've left the flapper in place. You may need to find a new place to hook the idle control knob, at least I did on my 929. I just clipped it to something else. All is good!
Did you 'tuck' the flapper or is it still functional? Yeah, I found another cable close enough to clip the idle adjuster to. If I ever sell the bike I hope someone makes a good enough offer that I'll leave the pipe and PC3 on it; it'll be a PITA to get that HTEV crap back on right! :eek: Thanks for the advice and hopefully I'll see you gals at Gratten! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BillAce said:
I romoved the flapper when I did my exhaust. I removed the entire grooved piece the cables sit in from the servo. There was an allen head set screw that attached it to the servo motor. The motor spins as normal and I have the cables in the correct positions still attached to the HTEV if I ever go back to stock.
Ah hell, that would be the easiest way to go.......now ya tell me! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
slowpoke said:
Did you 'tuck' the flapper or is it still functional? Yeah, I found another cable close enough to clip the idle adjuster to. If I ever sell the bike I hope someone makes a good enough offer that I'll leave the pipe and PC3 on it; it'll be a PITA to get that HTEV crap back on right! :eek: Thanks for the advice and hopefully I'll see you gals at Gratten! :thumb:
I left my flapper functional, at least for the time being. Everything I read on here seemed to indicate it didn't make much difference one way or the other. I haven't blocked off the pair valve either, although I have those things from Dan K.

If you're going to Grattan, we'll see you there for sure! We're definites!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I've removed the flapper, the servo, and everything else associated with that. Anybody have an idea how I can fake out the ecu so I do not get the FI light?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top