Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advise I own a 02 954 cali model :thumbd: :thumbd: all stock, About to install a race slip on, pc3usb, velocity stacks, bmc race filter. I have removed the o2 sensor, I already have a bypass plug for it. Also have removed the fuel evap canister, do I plug the ports on the carbs were the lines were connected? Another question I have been reading the threads on the pair control valve, I have heard alot about the one were you just take the valve out and plug the holes, talking to the dyno shop they say they will do a pair mod for 100$$ but they call it a reverse they dont block off the pair valve ports on the valve cover, they say they reverse it, does anyone have any ideas on what that would mean? ALSO "ya so many questions" when you do the HTEV mod you should do the FLAPER mod also right? Has anyone lost thier low end by doing this mod?

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Where ever you post, whether its in the Fireblades section, in the CBR400 section or even in the For Sale / Wanted (Marketplace), it will come up when you click "Todays Posts" or "New Posts".

·
Registered
147 Posts
$100 to do a pair mode? :thumbd: It takes 20 minutes. Just remove the valve and cap off the ports with some by-pass plugs. Not sure what a reverse is, sounds more complicated than it needs to be. How does removing the fuel evap can make things better?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh okay that makes since about the postings never thought of it that way stupid me. Removing the fuel evap can doesn't add anything but trying to shed as much weight as possible. In regards to the pair mod that is what I was going to do Jes, but they say you can get better perforamce doing the reverse of course they wont explain it to me cause they want thier 100$$$,:idunno: :idunno:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wonder what they mean by "reverse." Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the pair valve introduce fresh air into the exhaust ports to help with emissions? What is the reverse of that? I do know one thing for sure. I have a Devil high mount exhaust and on medium to heavy deceleration (engine braking) I would get popping and mild backfire. I did the flapper and pair mods and it went away. Actually I really didnt' notice too much performance increase, so after a while I reinstalled the flapper and left the pair valve out. It still runs great with no popping or backfire, so the pair valve mod is good for that much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I agree it didn't make since. Kinda wondering how they do it, But is it worth the 100$$. I am just probably going to plug it off at the head, did you leave the valve on the bike and if so did you unplug it or not. IF you unpluged it did you get a code.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I completely removed the valve. I've never received any code or had any problems. IMO, it's not worth $100 considering it's so easy to do. I'm a beginner and I figured it out. That much money could be well spent somewhere else. Heck, i'd put it toward a speedo healer, new sprockets, or maybe a rear seat cowl.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya, I already did the mod not going to give them a hundred dollars for some so called REVERSE pair mod. Thinking on the speedo healer. How does that work and do you have to have it all dialed in or do you just plug it in and go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts