Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I give here you go...I got "almost" everything...shy of my new BMC race filters, on friday night...after 12 weeks(don't even get me started on that)

what came you ask?
1 Sato full system with carbon cannister
1 pc3usb
1 speedo healer(yet to be installed)

what is still coming?
CRG gold stubby levers(from super bike supply ordered last week)
BMC race filters

I could not wait any longer, I worked about 15 hours a week overtime for the entire summer to afford this stuff and could not be happier with it. I have it all installed other than the speedo healer and even with out a custom map, I have to say it is GREAT:thumb: :evilaugh:

The bike sounds AMAZING louder than I expected, but I still love it to death and it looks just as good. Installation was not too bad but clearances are close to say the least. I am VERY impressed with the quality of the welds and all of the finished surfaces.

As for preformance...I have noticed that the bike revs a "bit" free'r and the power is certainly increased in the upper RPM range, while also improving the midrange "feeling" of the bike too... I have not had a chance to get a map done yet, but I am hoping to get one done after my filters show up but before the season is over.

I did roll ons with the same 05 gixxer 1000 that I "almost" stayed with a couple of weeks back(he had me by 2-3 lenghts through 3rd) and as it sits I pulled about 4-6 lengths on him from about 5500RPM in second to the better part of 3rd:)rolleyes: I could not help it, sorry my inner squid coming through?)

I have attached lots and lots of pics for your viewing pleasure and you would not believe the colours that this system is turning already...blues and golds all over the place, looks awsome:thumb: Plus, I think that it nicely compliments my rearsets(especially the gold exhaust flanges:D )

Attachments

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phobiaphobe said:
I'm guessing you're glad it finally showed up right in time for snow.

Yep just in time fir the snow...or shall I say the fall riding season? :D I will be hard pressed to get off of the bike before christmas now, they will be dragging me away kicking and screaming I tell you...:p

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sheepofblue said:
So you didn't even load a pre-made map? Probably get much better while you wait for a custom.
I installed it friday night took until about 3 am to do it and then I was gone at 7 for a 1400 km trip:thumb: I did not have a lap top or I would have...the power comander came with the 9 volt adaptor and I really have not had time to try it out yet..Hopefully this week:idunno: I am sure that I will try to post up a few things about that too?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of those "few" things here are a coulpe of Q's for you guys about this system...
Would I be wise to remove the pair valve?
The pair valve has to be dealt with for dyno purposes right?
My air box flapper hose has already been plugged to stay open but I am thinking that I should just take the whole thing off?

Opinions? thoughts?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Sato sure makes a purty pipe. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BDA116 said:
Overpriced parts and horrible customer service? :idunno:
Horrible customer service...that's for sure...over priced...not quite... he was about $200 cheaper than any were else that I checked:idunno: mind you had I have known that it was going to take this long to get here I would have likely spent the extra money to get it here quicker, but hindsight is 20/20 right?.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish that I could but...I don't have the equipment needed...if you listen really close around 7:30 you may hear it when I start it this morning on he way to work:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts