Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realy want to do this.
I am thinking of a doing Hwy 36/299 ride/camp. Is anyone from the bay area interested in a camping riding trip? I have a truck and a tent trailer.  Have room for one more bike and rider with me. The tent trailer sleeps 4 easy. More welcome
Agenda:
Day1 Drive/Truck 101 to Eureka, camp over night.
Day2 Ride Hwy 36, camp over night.
Day3 Ride Hwy 299, camp over night.
Day4 Drive home.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've always wanted to do the same thing. But you can't carry enough stuff on a 954 to camp. I have time off from work the last week of Aug. before and throughout the labor day holiday. Definitely interested.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Me & a friend back in the mid 80s used to do 21/2 day trips, starting friday after work and getting home early evening Sunday. I carried a tent and sleeping bag, he carried his sleeping bag. I just about all of California's tastiest tarmac this way, and ate at a restaurant called the Samoa Cookhouse, and old lumberjack messhall style place in/near Eureka, Ca. Make sure you're hungry going in there. Very cool.

In our tank bags was just the bare essentials, anything that did not fit in the tank bag didn't go. Our only rule was to stay of the freeways//interstate highways, only the suiggly roads on the map would do. We'd camp where there were showers, and we'd eat before stopping for the day and catch breakfast at the start of the next day. I could do that for another day, easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts