Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a Hyperpro damper on a 954? Have any pics? I'm trying to find out if it allows the use of a stem stand.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I'm using a Harris mounted Ohlins, and a stem stand will work just dandy with it.
I have no info on the HyperPro, sorry.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I have a hyperpro on my 954, can't see why a stem stand would not work on it, will try to get a pic for you later on id you still want one

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have no experience w/ another damper, so FWIW, I like it.  Keeps the front rock steady, and is easy to adjust on the fly.  Cold weather really effects it a lot.  When it is real cold (about 30 F) if it is dialed all the way tight you can barely move the bars.  But who rides when it is that cold anyway right?  Wait, I did.  Once.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I was happy with the one i had on my 929 but it started to leak after 13 months, but they replaced it under warranty after I pushed the issue a little bit.
I now have one on my 954, it's only been on for a month, so far so good

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
HGToo's Hyperpro has started to leak and it's not under warranty. The unit is just over 1 year old and was replaced once already due to leaking. Now, she has to send it back to be serviced at her expense and the cost isn't cheap either.

Glad I don't have a Hyperpro.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yeah, I'm not real happy with HyperPro at the moment. They used to make a quality unit, but they started (and are still having) quality control issues with their seals. This thing shouldn't be leaking after only 2 years. $125 to rebuild, 6 weeks downtime. I'm considering switching brands. It would be cheaper to buy another HyperPro, as I have the mounting bracket, but it's not cheaper if I have to return it every couple of years for a rebuild.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
ask chetnik about his before you get one skully...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts