Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,896 Posts
Looking at your picture, the 95-97 has the speed sensor on the front sprocket cover, where yours does not. 98-99 out the speed sensor on the top of the crankcase above the tranny. Also, the 95-97 speed sensor doesn’t jive with the 98-99 dash, so that’s more indication that you have a legit 98-99 motor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok very cool. Thank you. Sorry if I'm hitting you with questions left and right. I LOVE the fire blade but don't know to much technical info.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
We ALL love the FireB(b)lades!

I think that for most of us, we benefit from even reading others' questions. I have confessed little to no knowledge of the 1990s Blades, and each question asked by another increases my knowledge, just as some of my answers to questions of the later and current models might assist others.

I am a member of another forum (not Honda) that has a distinct clique of long-standing members who seem to shun new members' questions which might have previously been asked as 'tiresome'. I am proud that no such attitude exists here. After all, we are custodians of these great bikes and the more we can do to preserve them, the better off will be the bikes and those who come to own them later on - provided Coronavirus doesn't wipe us all out.

·
7,896 Posts
We ALL love the FireB(b)lades!

I think that for most of us, we benefit from even reading others' questions. I have confessed little to no knowledge of the 1990s Blades, and each question asked by another increases my knowledge, just as some of my answers to questions of the later and current models might assist others.

I am a member of another forum (not Honda) that has a distinct clique of long-standing members who seem to shun new members' questions which might have previously been asked as 'tiresome'. I am proud that no such attitude exists here. After all, we are custodians of these great bikes and the more we can do to preserve them, the better off will be the bikes and those who come to own them later on - provided Coronavirus doesn't wipe us all out.
Well said Nigel, and I concur.

·
7,896 Posts
Ok very cool. Thank you. Sorry if I'm hitting you with questions left and right. I LOVE the fire blade but don't know to much technical info.
You don't love the 'Blade as much as I do ;)

And I love being able to share my "useless" knowledge :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah, I thought about that too but I'm looking to have a nice big project. Something to call my own. I picked it up for a 100 bucks... if all else fails I could probably sell parts off it for more than I paid. Impulse buy lol

21 - 33 of 33 Posts