Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Need some feed back on these parts. It looks like some one tinkered with all of this. Doesn't look like its all there. Any info on this would be great. 02 cbr 954. wondering if this is why it bogs when I accelerate when riding?
20201105_095436.jpg
20201105_100641.jpg
20201105_095441.jpg

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,146 Posts
A lot of guys get rid of the HTEV cables and sometimes the entire valve itself. Yours seems to be one that had the valve deleted/removed. There is also a cable driver flapper in the airbox that, according to Honda, was to quell loud intake noise. You lose some mid range power with the exhaust valve removed (or locked in place fully open). There are several threads here describing same.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
As above, the HTEV has been fixed open, probably fully open, and I bet the flap in the air box has either been removed or fixed open, probably removed tbh.

IF the bike has a Power Commander then the fueling may well have been tuned to suit the new set-up but if not it will probably run rough and possible produce less bhp in the mid revs, up to around 7000-7500 RPM when the exhaust valve and flapper would be fully open anyway, then you'll feel it take off like a scalded cat!

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20201108_142617.jpg 20201108_142622.jpg So i opened the air box. The flap that is in there was stuck shut. I am just wondering if that was the reason it bogs when I give it gas. The cables were cut and it was stuck in that position. Its spring loaded on both sides so I released the springs. I have the radiator out now so I can't start it to see if this changed anything. I havent noticed a power comander any where. But I am not sure where to look. Any advice or general thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
a PC will be connected under the tank (The wiring is in line with the wiring to the injectors) but the box might be fitted under the tank, under the seat, or might even reach in to the boot space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts