Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, hear me out here. This is a thread about how to make my sc28 faster on track, BUT its not a twatty one I promise. Please read on and help me out.

So I treated my sc28 to new fork internals from Ktech (SSRK pistons, comp valve and weight matched springs), I also got a bespoke shock from Hagon and switched the brake setup to 954 calipers with EBC rotor and pads. On the bars I have a Brembo master cylinder and venhill lines. Front wheel is 17" with super sticky rubber on track (I run a 16 with bridgestone 016's for the road)

I've just had a blast at Oulton park for 2 days and my blade could keep up with most bikes in the corners (that were ridden by non racers), the stopping was amazing too, often getting the back wheel in the air. However coming out of tight corners I found the power to be lacking and this is where I need your help.

Do I:
drop 1 tooth on the front
gain 2 teeth on the rear
re-jet with dynojet/sigma bits
quick action throttle
all of the above
something totally different?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,317 Posts
What is the gearing now? Stock? -1 +2 is what I did on my 99, seems like the way to go.

Is it jetted now already, or are those kits something different?

Quick action throttle may make you end up on the tarmac if you like wacking the trottle :wink

I have all the above done to my 99 and am still slow as Phuck :rotfl:

So I say go for it all :thumb:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh I'm stock at the moment, everyone is on about +1 -2 on the internet's so I'll probably do that, I never hit 6th so that should tell the tale

Stock jetting too, I've heard great things about the dynojet kits for midrange so I might try it too.

The quick action throttle is one of the first things I want to do! I can't go from closed to fully open on the stock one without trying break my wrists, a slightly heavier return spring will also help with the livelyness

1 - 3 of 3 Posts