Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying: My bikes in the garage! :crying:

She's leaking air somehow from her rear tyre.. It happened a few weeks back, I refilled the tyre to the correct pressure and everything seemed fine.. I had a good look all round the tyre and could see anythign stuck in it so carried on riding.. I went to the garage this morning after not riding her yesterday and she was a absolute pig to get out.. I pushed the rear tyre with my hand and it squidged in.. Not a good sign :crap: Rode carefully up to the garage and the tyre pressure read 6!!!!!!!!!!

So refilled it again and rang the garage.. I said I would drop it in this afternoon after work..

So I did.. But on the walk home I from there I felt naked :eek: It was horrible :crying:

Hopefully I should be able to pick her up tomorrow afternoon once they've figured out what is wrong..

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The list of potential problems can't be that long can it? :idunno:

Top of the list has to be puncture or valve, after that maybe the bead, after that the wheel itself??

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I had a puncture last weekend, on the way up north - 2 cans of puncture seal didn't seal it properly, so I had to do 160 miles at 50mph in the rain... not much fun.

The bike now has specks of latex all over the back of it that I have to get off somehow, from where the tyre leaked as I was going along :(

But at least the tyre was saved, fixed with a mushroom patch. It's only about 1/3 worn, at most.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The list of potential problems can't be that long can it? :idunno:

Top of the list has to be puncture or valve, after that maybe the bead, after that the wheel itself??
Nope, not too long thankfully..

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I did.. But on the walk home I from there I felt naked :eek: It was horrible :crying:
Pics :idunno: :evilaugh:
:rolleyes: There's always one! :rotfl:

Well.. I have my baby back, I've just been to get her :thumb:

He took the tyre off, checked it all round and couldn't find anything in it anywhere but did say there was some muck round the bead, so reckons it possibly wasn't seated quite right... He's cleaned it up and put the tyre and wheel back on and now I'll just have to keep an eye on it..

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
:rolleyes: There's always one! :rotfl:

Well.. I have my baby back, I've just been to get her :thumb:

He took the tyre off, checked it all round and couldn't find anything in it anywhere but did say there was some muck round the bead, so reckons it possibly wasn't seated quite right... He's cleaned it up and put the tyre and wheel back on and now I'll just have to keep an eye on it..
Thanks ! :rotfl:

Sorta good news on the tyre Loops, hope she holds up ok for you and doesn't play up anymore :thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorta good news on the tyre Loops, hope she holds up ok for you and doesn't play up anymore :thumb:
I'll just have to wait and see what happens.. Hopefully it will be ok now..

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, you wouldn't have to be nekkid... :nono:

I don't normally like piccys of me but SSB took what I thought was a good one of me on the Gixxer.. I kinda liked the one of me disemboweling my Blade too :rotfl:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I don't normally like piccys of me but SSB took what I thought was a good one of me on the Gixxer.. I kinda liked the one of me disemboweling my Blade too :rotfl:
Well, I am actually reading your blog now and there are some pics on there. It's good to put a face with a name you know? :D

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I am actually reading your blog now and there are some pics on there. It's good to put a face with a name you know? :D
We had a thread in the supporting members section with piccies of those who wanted to post them... I'll have to go find it now :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts