Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's an age thing, although I don't think so, maybe it's because I have had a lot to concern myself with this year...prolonged illness, best man at a wedding back in UK, baby in the family, out of work, changing house 3 times....but I actually forgot my birthday this year.

It was on the Tuesday, and the Friday before someone wished me happy birthday saying that they wouldn't be near a computer and after the weekend's fun would forget by then anyway, so was being on the safe side, which I did very much appreciate.

Hmf, I actually forgot my own birthday.

Anyone else had this happen :idunno:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy birthday j.:smilebig: Close, I made it up until the day before one year. My boss came up to me one morning and asked me if I wanted my birthday off which was the next day. Took me a second to relize he was serious.
Not just me then..phew! 24th May it was...Thankyou very much mate, I'll buy you a pint one day when one of us is wealthy enough to visit the other :rotfl: :D

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Happy belated Jazzy:clap::clap:

My wife and I were driving in the car on the 17th of July and our neice sent us a text saying Happy Anniversary and we both looked at each other and said holy sh%t and had a good laugh!!!! Not quite a birthday but important nonetheless:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Maybe it's an age thing, although I don't think so, maybe it's because I have had a lot to concern myself with this year...prolonged illness, best man at a wedding back in UK, baby in the family, out of work, changing house 3 times....but I actually forgot my birthday this year.

It was on the Tuesday, and the Friday before someone wished me happy birthday saying that they wouldn't be near a computer and after the weekend's fun would forget by then anyway, so was being on the safe side, which I did very much appreciate.

Of course :)
I've never celebrated birthdays, I just don't understand why people do. What exactly is being celebrated?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I've never celebrated birthdays, I just don't understand why people do. What exactly is being celebrated?
I don't celebrate mine, but I know when it is! Just another day.

Looking forward to this year though, coincidentally the day I need to resign is my birthday! Best present ever!

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ME !!! :rotfl: I think mine to me means, being able to take a day off to reflect and move on in life a bit wiser.

Time to take a 'chill pill' and get away from it all just for one day to do what the hell you like :)

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
At your age....It wont be the last thing you forget:D

& with your advancing years, it wont be long till you forget were you parked your bathchair ....
:bday: anyway.....

·
Registered
795 Posts
Belated Happy Birthday

And no I haven't forgotten my birthday yet, though the last year I didn't want anyone to know it was my birthday. Does that count?

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At your age....It wont be the last thing you forget:D

& with your advancing years, it wont be long till you forget were you parked your bathchair ....
:bday: anyway.....
You can tell me about it OLDER brother when you get there :smilebig: :poke:
Belated Happy Birthday

And no I haven't forgotten my birthday yet, though the last birthday I didn't want anyone to know it was my birthday. Does that count?
Why ?

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, not done that yet :huh:

Larry, we just use it as an excuse to get pi$$ed :D
:smilebig::smilebig::smilebig:
Personally, I think the rest of you should be celebrating MY birthday, and sending my parents gifts of gratitude and thanks :)

:bowtome:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts

Argh!!! I missed TWO important birthdays here!!

Happy Belated Birthday JazzMeister!

I haven't forgotten my birthday but I did go for a whole year telling people I was a year older than I actually was :rolleyes: When I celebrated my birthday that year it was kind of cool getting to do the same year all over again. Like a freebie! :smilebig:

I can't forget my birthday, too many important people were born on the same day. Darned Aquarians, too many weddings take place in June so there's a lot of us. :crap:

The fact that's you're alive. :thumb: Maybe everyone else would like to celebrate that you're still here :)

So Jazzy, did you get to relax and take your chill day?

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Hey Jazzy, Happy bday man!
My 50th, last year, was the best of my life! Had 3 partys, no lie. Thanks to all the loved ones in my life at the time.
I don't think your that old yet, so you got one more milestone bday to look forward too. Rock On!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts