Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2 weeks I start a new job. I'll be driving a truck although not a tractor trailer. Start off with 2 weeks vacation and they pay 50% of the medical insurance.

So basically what this comes down to is I'll have more money for whatever bike I'm gonna get come spring time.

I'm gonna see if Autozone will let me still work Sundays until they can get someone hired and trained (which I see no reason they wouldn't let me). And Sheep screw that crap about working 7 days a week. This new job will be 45-50 hours a week. Plus the 4-5 on Sundays at autozone will be plenty.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrX954 said:
Sweet except for the over 40 hrs/week thing :)
well look at this way, I'm almost positive there's no lunch break. you kinda just get lunch on the road. So its still about the same as a normal 40 hour week with 1 hour lunches except I'd be getting paid the whole 9 hours. Just throw in a few hours extra on top of that to get to 50 and no big deal. Basically the time spent tied up at work is still the same.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
10 extra hours for a couple of months will buy the bike AND leathers for Grattan :D

When I was a young lamb I worked 2 jobs and went to school, the reason I have it made is I EARNED it at your age :p

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sheepofblue said:
10 extra hours for a couple of months will buy the bike AND leathers for Grattan :D

When I was a young lamb I worked 2 jobs and went to school, the reason I have it made is I EARNED it at your age :p
funny thing is right when he said 2 weeks vacation I thought of Grattan.

I've earned everything I have (just about, my mom paid my last year and a couple of the last payments for junior year of college cause I was gonna drop out). But everything else I've paid for (car, 2 bikes and insurance for all). Granted I don't pay rent though.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Congrats. Hell, I told my boss i would switch to a different shift if they didn't keep it where I always get 50 hours a week. I have gotten used to the checks and don't want to have to change back to a 40 hour schedule.

Hope it goes well..

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
phobiaphobe said:
Good for you. It'll feel good to actually utilize all that training.

Best of luck.
well the only part of the class A training I'll really be utilizing is the standard shifting, assuming its a truck that has to be double clutched. they have one standard and one automatic. If its just regular shifting then I will be utilizing no training that I just got this past year. I had my class B before and that training was all free from the college I went to.

So when I went over there on Monday (to drop off some money to a friend more than to give them my notice) my boss says to me they had plans for me. They were thinking of promoting me to her job (and she'd be promoted to assistant store manager). But there's no way I'd want to be there at 5:30 am, I don't even wanna be there at 6am which is what I'm doing now. Then today I went to pick up some stuff at another store and the DM was there and he says to me "we had plans for you." Then he asked me if we're going for a ride this summer (he has an R1).

And they are gonna keep me on Sundays like I wanted. So time and a half and I get to keep my discount card.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts