Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Sweet Ride :D I see you installed a tinted windscreen.

Chain adjustment is probably ok. I think the dealer would have made any adjustments necessary to the chain. Keeping in mind you get 180lb rider on top of it and then take into account suspension movement going over bumps. I could be wrong, but to me it looks ok.

Read the other thread you started for some sound input on riding :)

·
Registered
533 Posts

Chain adjustment is probably ok. I think the dealer would have made any adjustments necessary to the chain. Keeping in mind you get 180lb rider on top of it and then take into account suspension movement going over bumps. I could be wrong, but to me it looks ok.

Pftttt;
When I got my bike from the dealer one side of the chain tensioner was almost to "New" and the other side was in the red on "Replace". The damn back tire wasn't even on straight. Then...at another dealer my buddy had to get a tire replaced one afternoon while the rest of us waitied in the parking lot. When the dealership was done his back tire was on crooked as hell too. Two seperate dealers...apparently it's a lot tougher on them than you would think.

·
Registered
533 Posts
A double bubble at the very least makes me able to ride longer before I have to clean all the bugs off my visor. Southland bugs FTL.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Pftttt;
When I got my bike from the dealer one side of the chain tensioner was almost to "New" and the other side was in the red on "Replace". The damn back tire wasn't even on straight. Then...at another dealer my buddy had to get a tire replaced one afternoon while the rest of us waitied in the parking lot. When the dealership was done his back tire was on crooked as hell too. Two seperate dealers...apparently it's a lot tougher on them than you would think.
Yeah, I hear you on dealer mechanics. This is totally sad and pathetic that technicians that went to MMI or other motorcycle mechanic schools can't do stuff right... or aren't willing to do it right. Putting a tire on cock-eyed is a potential lawsuit if an accident happened. I'm almost, not queit, but almost to the point where i think these motorcycle schools should be shut down. They just aren't training people right.

And the ironic thing is if I wanted to get a job repairing motorcycles they would want me to have a certificate from one of those schools. LOL

·
Registered
12,773 Posts

:plus1: looks fine to me. you don't want it tight, there has to be some slack in just not excessive.

I'll go check it out and let you know. dude when the bike isn't in your driveway don't worry I'm just out checked the chain slack.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
motivation, they are very well made and i crashed and they saved me alot of money and the frame was fine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts