Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have problems with them? Or do they just hate me also? Every time I get a package that requires a signature it requires hours worth of fighting and arguing to get my package :mad: This despite the office being less than 5 miles from my house :confused:

I was determined to only make one effort this time and not get screwed around, rather if necessary to let the package just go back. Guess what I am going back tomorrow!!!! :pissed:

:soapbox: Hope they treat others better :mad:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
If you only knew..... Try receiving a package sent from the US to Canada via UPS!! :rant: The brokerage fees are out of this world!! I have now learned that if someone is not willing to ship USPS I simply will not buy from them!! Good luck.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Every time I get a package that requires a signature it requires hours worth of fighting and arguing to get my package :mad: This despite the office being less than 5 miles from my house :confused:
:huh: Details please - why is it a battle? :idunno:

Locally, depending on the neighborhood one lives in, the driver will just leave a package on your porch, behind something, etc. (this, of course, applies to packages not requiring a sig. Still blows me away though, as anyone could claim they never got the package, and UPS would be liable.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bacchus said:
:huh: Details please - why is it a battle? :idunno:

Locally, depending on the neighborhood one lives in, the driver will just leave a package on your porch, behind something, etc. (this, of course, applies to packages not requiring a sig. Still blows me away though, as anyone could claim they never got the package, and UPS would be liable.
I get lots of stuff left (have a walk in front door area and I am on a hill so it is fairly hidden) if they do that other than the weird hours (I have had them stop at 8PM in non-holiday season or 9AM) they are OK.

But if you go to the office people refuse to help, send you elsewhere to someone that repeats etc. Tonight I got into the office and they said they can't help I had to call the 800 number. So I run to the house (blood boiling already because I see it coming AGAIN) and call the number. An automated voice tells me the package was not delivered today (duh!) and to go to the website :mad:. Go to the website and cannot find anywhere to schedule a pickup at their office. So I go back to the office, of course now the person I dealt with is gone. So I go to the after hours pickup office, nope changed procedure go ask the lady toward the front. Go back up front and she says nope can't help you go see the people in back. Go back in, naw some tail off this guy who finally takes an interest in doing something. Of course he complains that I didn't call the number that doesn't work :deadhors: Finally after 1 1/2 of trying to get an answer he tells me I can wait for 2 more house to get the package :beatup: . Now everyone makes mistakes but there was another fellow in getting the exact same treatment and he had been there 3 days running! Also this happens EVERY time they want signature. I usually pay more for express shipping so I don't have to deal with them (did this time and got 1/2 FedEx the other from UPS :crap: ) To make matters worse I have company coming this weekend and need to steam clean the living room and don't have time to deal with them.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I have similar luck with ISP's. Call Adelphia's level 2 Internet support and ask them if they know me...I guarantee you they will say "ooooh, that guy". Getting to be that way with a couple others as well :rant:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Does anyone else have problems with them? Or do they just hate me also? Every time I get a package that requires a signature it requires hours worth of fighting and arguing to get my package :mad: This despite the office being less than 5 miles from my house :confused:

I was determined to only make one effort this time and not get screwed around, rather if necessary to let the package just go back. Guess what I am going back tomorrow!!!! :pissed:

:soapbox: Hope they treat others better :mad:
Just get the shit delivered at work, much easier :p

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
booth23 said:
Just get the shit delivered at work, much easier :p
I work offsite at another company in a secure facility, not an option :( Strange packages are treated harshly ;)

The sad part is I can drive home (25 miles) get the Fed-Ex tag off the door drive all the way back to Fed-Ex which is a few miles from work, and get the package that night every time no hassle and faster than from someone that is right up the road. Airborne is just about the same as Fed-Ex although I have not got anything from them lately, ditto on Fed-Ex ground and even USPS.

Of course on Fed-Ex and airborne I can also have the package held and grab it easily at lunch.

Oh well my rage is subsiding after a bit of ranting and some rotisserie pork loin :eyebrows:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
sheepofblue said:
I work offsite at another company in a secure facility, not an option :( Strange packages are treated harshly ;)

The sad part is I can drive home (25 miles) get the Fed-Ex tag off the door drive all the way back to Fed-Ex which is a few miles from work, and get the package that night every time no hassle and faster than from someone that is right up the road. Airborne is just about the same as Fed-Ex although I have not got anything from them lately, ditto on Fed-Ex ground and even USPS.

Of course on Fed-Ex and airborne I can also have the package held and grab it easily at lunch.

Oh well my rage is subsiding after a bit of ranting and some rotisserie pork loin :eyebrows:
Well I used to run an electronic music store (vinyl only). I got shipments every Wednesday from those fuckers (UPS and FedEX). What I did, to get around the bullshit, is go to the hub, get their address and have the shipper ship it to their address (UPS and FedEx have a form for this). That way it never gets on a truck, it gets delivered to your closest hub, and stays there until you pick it up. Do that. Bastard UPS driver knew we opened at noon (no one buys vinyl before noon) and would come at like 11am every fucking time. I caught up to his bullshit and would drive around Deep Ellum until I found the fucker, half the time he'd be eating his lunch in his truck in some back alley someplace, hiding. :rant:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hate em too. Given the choice, I pick FedEx, AirEx, DHL, and even USPS every time.

UPS is pronounced "oops", as in "UPS, we fucked you again." :mad:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My other house had kids jumping the back fence and running through the yard. If the UPS guy didnt find me home I signed the door tag and it was there next day.

Where I live now...The Dam UPS guy comes around no sooner then 5PM and as late as 7:30PM. Never knocks just leaves a package on the doorstep. I am in a nicer neighborhood but my doorstep is in the wide open and 8 feet from the sidewalk. I have a highschool in walking distance.

I have had Ipods and stereos just sitting out front for hours.

The fedex guy takes the cake. He came by twice and he missed me the first time. Next package was 2 cakeboxes of blank dvds in a cardboard box. He dropped it over my 6ft high side fence! Reminds me I need to check those out.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
they're also more expensive from everytime I deal with them. next time you go down and they tell you to call then number just ask for the phone and call the number right there in front of them.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CBR929RE said:
they're also more expensive from everytime I deal with them. next time you go down and they tell you to call then number just ask for the phone and call the number right there in front of them.
I used to, they took the phone out! :D

Of course it could be worse. While I was there a lady wanted to ship a package, UPS person tells her that it is improperly packaged and needs to be reboxed or taped. Charges her $2 to tape it then tells her the high ship rate. The lady wound up paying $2 and did not even ship it. And it was not even hers rather her mother's.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
sheepofblue said:
I used to, they took the phone out! :D

Of course it could be worse. While I was there a lady wanted to ship a package, UPS person tells her that it is improperly packaged and needs to be reboxed or taped. Charges her $2 to tape it then tells her the high ship rate. The lady wound up paying $2 and did not even ship it. And it was not even hers rather her mother's.
bastards, they do really suck

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
You got a shitty local office, you need to start complaining higher up the cahin of command. I do $200k worth of buisness with UPS a year through work, and overall, they are better than the others. Fed-x always destroys stuff we ship, and often late. Hell, just yesterday a Fed-x package I had delivered to my house was a day late despite the computer showing it was put on the truck at 6:30am the day before. US to Canada, whover said that is expensive UPS is correct. Thats the only stuff we ship Fed-x, for some reason it doesnt get hung up in customs. Oh, and you canadians, see if your shipper can put "replacement parts" on the shipping docs...often thoese dont get taxed :thumb:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
soon2b954 said:
I have now learned that if someone is not willing to ship USPS I simply will not buy from them!! Good luck.
USPS is the most underappreciated method of postage I have come across when trying to get goods shipped form the Us to Aus.

80% of the time, I receive my goods within 4 days. Yes, 4 days. Faster than UPS (coz I don't have to chase the bastids up after they try to deliver when I am not home...)

The longest I have had to wait is 6 working days. Add the fact that it is way cheaper, and I it's a lot easier to get stuff through customs, and I truly begin to wonder why so many people are so obsessed with sending things with UPS...

Z...

·
Registered
819 Posts
I prefer UPS but I do have everything delivered to work. I hate DHL! Of the 3 times I had to use them they've screwed the pooch every time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts