Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No problems today! Big box at my front door full of fairings. Slowly but surely I will bring this bike back to life. So far so good. All the electronics have been corrected except the speedo. Motor runs strong as hell. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Started with this. All those fairings were cracked and broken zip tied on. The frame was spray painted black. The windscreen was broken in half.....

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
another friggin' Repsol Blade?! :rolleyes: *pfff*

where's your personal sense of originality and uniqueness :idunno:

hahaha. I've actually only ever seen two Rep'lades in "real" life. Kinda neat how some folks switch it up a little and still represent the replica. Glad it's runnin' strong for you. :thumb:

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally I didn't want to go with the repsol's. I wanted to go the blue and white version. BUTTTT money doesn't grow on trees and when I ordered these fairings I was having a lot of electrical problems so I figured I'd save some cash not having to paint the tank. Or maybe I'm just lazy and I didn't want to paint the tank....we'll go with reason 1.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
haha. just givin' ya some shizzle ;)

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way Ian, all these fairings were for the genereation after my 94....95-97..and they all fit man. I'm sure that question gets asked a lot. I literally spent an hour fitting them on.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,118 Posts
By the way Ian, all these fairings were for the genereation after my 94....95-97..and they all fit man. I'm sure that question gets asked a lot. I literally spent an hour fitting them on.
That's right, the 95-97 were all the same, Honda changed the frame design in 96, but the motor mounts and fairing brackets etc are all the same.

Looks great :thumb:

You said the speedo isn't running yet, can we work on that next, with a pic of your left side wheel hub? :D

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Was going to go to the fabric store and pick up some black leather to wrap my seats with so before I left I tore off that hideous rag of a cover and guess what?!?!?!!? Mint condition black factory leather with no cracks, tears, or sun damage!!! Very happy about this, made it look so much better. And yes Ian if you're around stay here I'm going downstairs now to take pictures of the bike and the left side of the wheel for you. I think I'm pretty screwed with the speedo.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still have the original wheel to....so I really don't understand why someone would get rid of the setup. I thought at first it was to stop the odometer from going up like any piece of **** would do but they would of just ditched the cable and not the whole assembly. I don't know much about spacers so I hope there isn't another issue hidden....

·
8,118 Posts
So it looks like you have a 95-97 front wheel. No speedo cable for you kid :thumbd:

Doesn't mean you can't make something work. I put an F4i gauge set on my 93. I used the 95-97 sprocket cover and speed sensor.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So then I shall put in an order. does the sprocket cover fit on without modification? And does the wire run directly from the sensor to the back of the speedo? How about the plug for the backlight and rpm's, is it the same?

·
8,118 Posts
Right, no 17" wheel until 2000 with the 929

So then I shall put in an order. does the sprocket cover fit on without modification? And does the wire run directly from the sensor to the back of the speedo? How about the plug for the backlight and rpm's, is it the same?
It takes a bit of work, but you need either a 95-97 gauge cluster, or similar with an electronic speedo.

I detailed the crap out of my swap in my 93 thread in my signature, starting on page 24. The sprocket cover does bolt right on. You may need to pull pins out of connectors and change them around, but all the wires are the same color and match up per their purpose.

And you'll need to make up your own 3 wires and connector to connect the speedo to the sensor. That's realatively easy too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts