Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent last sat at VIR with TPM. I didn't like the 8hrs it took me to get there, but the track and weather proved to be fantastic. Maybe some of you were there. I was nearly the slowest guy in the RED group. The guy causing the backup.I really hadn't ridden my bike in about a year, never been to the track,,,yadda yadda,,,, and most importantly I'm slow. Anyway, VIR is my new favorite track, and I hope to get down there lots.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
HondaGalToo : North course or South course?
Ditto.

I liked the South course a lot better than the North. I could never get into the flow of the North course. The kink is pretty wild though.

·
Registered
887 Posts
yep...the South course is awesome...the 'mini-corkscrew' made me wish I could try Laguna...anyways....plenty of places to get a kneedown, if you're good enough..just be cautious of the 'Oak Tree turn'...can be pretty hairy...

the North course is cool also...much more technical than the South course in my opinion...the kink is awesome...if have the gumption to keep WFO thru there!!...all in all VIR is a kick azz course...you should try to run the full course(north and south course)...I would imagine that would be awesome..!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
tigerblade : Quote (HondaGalToo @ July 29 2003, 6:21am)North course or South course?
Ditto.  

I liked the South course a lot better than the North.  I could never get into the flow of the North course.  The kink is pretty wild though.  
I LOVE the north course... I have done it once, I have done the south twice and the north challenges you a bit more... The elevation changes and blind, off camber decreasing radius corners are worth the price of admission!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I love North coarse but I have never ridden South. Turn 1 is my favorite. Dragging your knee is so easy in 1. The hog pen scares the crap out of me. It's like your just plowing down the hill, even when your not really on the gas much. VIR rocks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't really have any pics. other than the two I bought from the photo guy. I'll get the scanner hooked up and warmed up and get those two posted. What the hell is that guy's url?....racedayphoto? something like that. I'm the slow guy in the red group with a R/W 929, blue tape on my headlight, black helmet. Oh, it was on the south track. I loved that mini corkscrew also. that followed by a left that was so smooth even a retard like myself could get a knee down,all the way around,all day. Hell, getting my knee down had me jumping for joy not long ago(yesterday). It's still great, but I've clearly got lots of other stuff to work on. I actually managed to get my knee down in the small left in the corkscrew and the left before the oak tree.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts