Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is convinced she needs a laptop for school so I'm in the market for one. She will be using it for word processing and the occasional PP presentation. No graphics or games etc.

I don't need the fastest but something dependable. My last 2 home computers have been nothing but trouble.

Oh, and it needs to cost less than $1k.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I love my Toshi, but Dell's portables seem to be pretty good.
I just helped one of my brothers pick out a Dell for school, and it was $930 for a pretty decent system.

DealNews.com is showing a pretty sweet deal on a Gateway right now, though.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I had a Dell laptop for 4 years and it never gave me any problems at all. A very dependable laptop.
Could also try an iBook.
If you want a headache to go along with your POS laptop...get a Compaq

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Skully : My wife is convinced she needs a laptop for school so I'm in the market for one.  She will be using it for word processing and the occasional PP presentation.  No graphics or games etc.

I don't need the fastest but something dependable.  My last 2 home computers have been nothing but trouble.

Oh, and it needs to cost less than $1k.  

Any recommendations?
And you could use it to programme your pc3

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Skully, I work for Sharp Electronics and can probably get you a decent price on their laptop. If you're interested in one lemme know the model # and I'll get you a price.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HondaGal : Skully, I work for Sharp Electronics and can probably get you a decent price on their laptop.  If you're interested in one lemme know the model # and I'll get you a price.  
Ok I'll look at them and will let you know. Thanks for the offer.

My home computer is a Compac. It's a piece of

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I love my dell...Lattitude LS, picked it up from Egay two years ago and still loving it. Lightest weight out there, no probs...If Egay is your way, look for reputable sellers and expect to pay $350-450 for a one to two year old unit. I know nothing about Sharps, but a good deal on a new lappy with a warranty is prolly something to think about...

Good luck,
J

1 - 14 of 14 Posts