Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad: Today I decided to go into the garage and install my new windscreen onto my 07 1000rr. I did not think that the cold temp would be a factor. While removing the factory windscreen. I ended up breaking the fairing from just below the middle windscreen screw to above where the mirror mounts. (great way to start the new year). Now I need a new fairing. Anyone know where I can get one for a good price.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If it were me? I would get some epoxy and fix it temporarily until I could find a replacement. Then I would check ebay for a front fairing the same color that matches your bike. I do not think there is any cheaper option than Ebay.

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
If it were me? I would get some epoxy and fix it temporarily until I could find a replacement. Then I would check ebay for a front fairing the same color that matches your bike. I do not think there is any cheaper option than Ebay.
:plus1: The fix could be better than think, but you do have the temp against you by the seems of things. But once its all glued-up, new screen installed at the same time it could be fine for a considerable length of time until you find a replacement..........or just snap again through the combo of the cold and general bike vibrations. Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was thinking about using some epoxy. It didn't snap all the way so I may be able to make it work. I will need to run the space heater in the garage for a couple hours first. The high for this week is gonna be 23º F. I don't wanna do more damage.

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about using some epoxy. It didn't snap all the way so I may be able to make it work. I will need to run the space heater in the garage for a couple hours first. The high for this week is gonna be 23º F. I don't wanna do more damage.
You could always put a gauze across it for extra strength:idunno: Like a fibre glass type of material :thumb: Let us know what you decide and how you get on:clap:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the oem upper fairings I have found are around $300.00. I have also been thinking about getting a set of fairings for the track. I have found a store on ebay selling "custom look" painted fairing sets for about $600.00 shipped. It is a USA based company and from what I have read on this site they are good quality. I think I will try epoxy on it and use the stock fairings for track days.

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
Well the oem upper fairings I have found are around $300.00. I have also been thinking about getting a set of fairings for the track. I have found a store on ebay selling "custom look" painted fairing sets for about $600.00 shipped. It is a USA based company and from what I have read on this site they are good quality. I think I will try epoxy on it and use the stock fairings for track days.
Sounds like a good plan :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts