Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

I need help making my seat sit right

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  unfetteredmight 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, I've got a dumb question. I bought my 94 900rr used. The passenger seat /storage compartment cover has never sat completely level. If you are standing behind the bike, the right side of the seat is slightly higher than the left (sits just higher off of the plastic base). It is not a problem and my wife can sit back there without a problem, but it drives me NUTS!:mad: I want the bike to look as perfect as it rides, and I've been obsessing about this little flaw. I've looked several times, and so far haven't been able to figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions (other than the smart arse ones that I know are coming - like look forward while riding so that you don't see it, etc :rotfl:)?

#3 ·
On a '97 I had the problem of the entire passenger seat being too high, leaving a large gap beneath it. I grabbed the underside of the subframe with one hand and pushed down on the seat with the heel of the other; then the other and it helped a lot. Idon't know what would have caused it but the bracket material is fairly lightweight.

#5 ·
A wise airframer one told me, if you can't fix it, grab a big hammer, if that doesn't fix it, grab a sledge, if that doesn't work, scrap it it's unfixable.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.