Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a CBR900RRx and i am constantly getting pissed on but some guy an i 04 R1, ok guys!! yeah i know it's newer bike wid fuel injection and all that good stuff but i like to get closer(in a racing sense) for all u twited ones,LOL to the bugger, however my pockets aint to deep, the bikes running 128 @ the crank and it's got micron can, stage 1 dynojet kit K&N, any other engine Mods u guys can think of????

help me!!!! catch the bugger!!!!!!!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Gearing. He'll get you up top, but til 140 youll get him. -1/+2?
Lower gearing is not going to make up a 30hp deficit up to any speed :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi guys i have a CBR900RRx and i am constantly getting pissed on but some guy an i 04 R1, ok guys!! yeah i know it's newer bike wid fuel injection and all that good stuff but i like to get closer(in a racing sense) for all u twited ones,LOL to the bugger, however my pockets aint to deep, the bikes running 128 @ the crank and it's got micron can, stage 1 dynojet kit K&N, any other engine Mods u guys can think of????

help me!!!! catch the bugger!!!!!!!:thumb:
Pull one of his coils off and you should have a chance.
Not only does he have more power than you, his engine also spins up to that power faster than yours. I think the R1 also has a weight advantage and if he's much smaller than you he'd have the aero advantage as well.
You need to find another 30-odd horses which is going to be expensive.
Or you could learn to ride and leave him behind when you hit the twisties.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
haha yeah, you're right, a 900rr doesnt stand a chance against an R1
Same rider, same bike, same course I'd agree.
Better rider on the 900RR I'd say he's got a chance but not in a straight line :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
There's approx 6 years difference between the 04 R1 and your 919.

Compared to the newer Yamaha your weight, power and dynamics are all working against you. Either refine your riding skills so you use better technique to round him up in the corners... or, if you're just talking about drag racing on the way to work then you either need a newer bike or need to take your hand off your dick. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:huh: thanks guys, u guys are great!!! my hand is off my dick, thank u very much an i do suppose ur right i'm not gonna make up 30horses but ohwell such is life, any anyway i feel im up to a level to keep up with him in the twisties but it is just the straits, and asfor body size i'm alot bigger than him (heavy bones) not fat!!! smart arses, lol!!! may i have to look at getting a newer bike an probably look at using the Blade as a trake bike or just a work hack!!!!;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts