Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After only seeing 15 volts ac output from each leg on the stator i pulled it out. On the the stator there is one section of winding that sits out about .100" higher and this part is rubbing against the 4 small bolts on the inside of the flywheel . Does anyone know the spec for the crank end play?... I checked mine and it is about .008". I did this just by pulling the flywheel in and out and thats where i got my reading.. im hoping its a just a fault in how the stator was wound but i want to make sure I dont have to much crank end play allowing the flywheel to move over and let the bolts rub on the stators high spot.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The manual doesn't list end float - at least not that I can see.
I wouldn't think eight thou is going to be the cause of the stator rubbing though. If it's been rubbing while the engine is running surely it would've worn through some of the windings?
Can you tap the high spot down with a hammer at all?
Or maybe try two stator cover gaskets.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rm stator is going to warranty the stator i hope so i dont want to tap the winding in. I just made a new gasket out of thicker material to help give me more clearence although i believe its a faulty stator rewind with a high spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts