Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm over having stock colored wheels that look dirty even after I clean the crap out of them. I want to powder coat them white, silver, or gold. But all of em look so cool I can't make up my mind. What do you think? Picture them going on a 2003 RC51. Also, feel free to throw some pics up of RC51's with cool wheel colors. I really think it sets the bike apart from every other bike. Thanks..

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'm partial to Gold but it has to be the correct shade. Not too bright but more like Marchesini wheels. I'm in the process myself right now but haven't chosen the actual shade yet. I don't have an RC51 though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I feel the paint scheme has a lot to do with which color will look better. On the '03, I think the gold or silver will look good. I don't care too much for silver wheels on a bike, so if I were in your shoes, I would choose gold. If you had an '04 with white number plates, white would be favorable to me. My thoughts.

Good luck with the decision. It'll look good either way I'm sure, and you can't please everyone all the time, so go with your gut.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
yo chum, what about the red/silver/black 02 version??? you are in the business, and i am gonna do the same and agree with prorider17 on the cleaning part.............what do you suggest buddy??:huh:

·
Registered
758 Posts
JRivas, the '02 are so much like the '03's, I would go with gold on that too. Just my opinion. Get up some pics when you guys get them done.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
JRivas, the '02 are so much like the '03's, I would go with gold on that too. Just my opinion. Get up some pics when you guys get them done.

you think it would make a difference if i have a polished swingarm??

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've got gold wheels with a black/white paint scheme, and while it's not my favorite, the gold wheels are probably the next best thing to white or black. I considered powdercoating them, but more $$$ than it was worth to me, as the gold didn't bother me that much.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I guess the swingarm may change it a little Jose. You should start a new thread with pics of your bike and pull for opinions.:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

am Mr smith i saw your adds and i have some parts of HONDA RS125R KIT FAIRING 02 and some other bikes for sell that you need please let me know if you need it

await your reply soon

Mr Smith

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is the Gold I prefer. Any tips on paint codes for the colour would help greatly Slowmaster. Thanks!
Sorry denzee, I dont have any paint codes.:crap: I simply asked a guy to match it up with the brake caliper, which was in any case close to the colour he had previously mixed for my CB1000.

Any decent painter should be able to match it up if you give him a sample, though.
I do recommend that the outside beading be left unpainted otherwise it will chip and damage every time you have tyres fitted. An even visible aluminium line is preferable to a chipped and damaged one!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Oh, it does help. I just had to take care of business in the restroom, compliment of the posted pics. :thumb: Don't worry, I washed my hands.:p
Wow, I knew they were nice but not that nice. I think you need a Girlfriend Chum! :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
i kinda like that gold on the wheels, but.............hmmmm....i think i can get some pics......:thumb:

hey prorider, sorry for being such a dang threadjacker...........sorry bud

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
i kinda like that gold on the wheels, but.............hmmmm....i think i can get some pics......:thumb:

hey prorider, sorry for being such a dang threadjacker...........sorry bud
It looks good for surviving a house fire.
Ditto on the thread jacking, I didn't mean to help get this in a different direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh, it does help. I just had to take care of business in the restroom, compliment of the posted pics. :thumb: Don't worry, I washed my hands.:p
:rotfl:
Aaaw you shouldn't have. Hope it was good for you too:smilebig: Thanks, I'll take that as a like it.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
hey pro, have you checked out all the rc's on the "pictures of your rc"' there is quite a bit of different colors there...........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts