Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what a to say about this but it did make me laugh.

Your opinions please, on the video and the topic in general.

Go West

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
At the end of that lil story where was that boat with all the brits going? West? West to where may I ask?

Yeh I hear the taxes to support the guv in England is real bad. Is everyone really on the dole over there?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. highest employment rate in Europe. Plenty parts of the country, certainly the south, there is pretty well full emplyment.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
DAMMIT.....
I'm on the road, with limited forum access....otherwise I would be in this thread with a vengeance...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Whatcha wanna come over here for?  We're a nation of immigrants i.e. statue of liberty.  Unless your a native american, everybody's foreparents came to the US either on immigrant ships or slave ships.  I don't have a beef with anyone who wants to immigrate to the US as long as they are willing to work and pay their taxes like everybody else.  

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motopilot, I was not suggesting that I was heading your way but trying tp provoke some lively debate about the problems facing Western countries from illegal immigrants and genuine asylum seekers.

Personally I'd be of to New Zealand but they probably wouldn't want me.

Europe is lightly different from the US in level of government welfare support. So immigration is costing us plenty. Or is it?

Multi-culturalism? Good? Bad?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Those who immigrate to the U.S. legally and become productive citizens contribute positively to society.
On the flip side, the illegal immigration (some call them undocumented workers) that runs rampant here is a major problem and sucks the life out of many communities. There are many hospitals down along the southern border that have gone bankrupt thanks to the practice. And that is just one on a long list of serious problems they impose on society.

Multiculturalism can be a good thing, but can also be a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Probably greater than 80% of the Hispanic population in Columbia are not here legally (I have a coworker who is married to one and he's got to go back to Mexico for a few months soon so he can come back legally). I don't have a problem with immigration; like stated before, most of us are not Native American. However, it needs to be controlled.

·
Registered
728 Posts
BDA116 : On the flip side, the illegal immigration (some call them undocumented workers)
Here in So. Cal we call them 'newly arrived citizens'. Maybe you need to live here to get the joke.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Proto : Your opinions please, on the video
My opinion is that it resembles the Nazi propaganda of the 30's......just change the labels and faces. It expresses the same nationalistic sentiment, but tries to use humor to lull you into thinking about the real message.....

I saw no humor in it....just hate and fear.....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Disclaimer; I do not agree with nor condone any statements about to be made in this post. This is an open minded statement on the issue of immigration and economy. I am not racist or prejudice. I do not approve of racial profiling or any type of racial empowerment.

I agree with ya bro. It does look a lot like an antisemitic German cartoon. However look at it from this stand point. Immigrants flock to employable areas seeking refuge and the 'better life'. There is nothing at all wrong with this, however when it begins to deface the economy, this becomes a problem. Ultimately, jobs are all taken by under qualified individuals for the simple fact that they will work for pennies compared to your dollar. Soon there are no job available and unemployment rates increase. So skilled workers do the exact same thing. They migrate to an area that is wealthy with business and corporation, hoping to find the same refuge as our illegal immigrant. As more illegal immigrants migrate to these areas the whole process begins to repeat itself and viola' you have an epidemic.

This is just something that crossed my mind considering, my job could possibly be take by someone who doesn't even live in this country.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts