Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just looking for som advise on what you guys may think my baby is worth, i really dont want to sell it because ive got countless hours and money into it but id really like to upgrade to a 1000rr. Ive built this bike from the gound up, it runs awsome and need nothing. actuall milage on it is about 13kmi but my original tach shorted out and i bought the first one i saw on ebay that reads 28kmi on the odometer.

Things ive done:

Powder coated wheels
2004 gsxr 1000 tail conversion
Cut the upper subframe arms to raise the rake in the RR's droppy tail
VFR single sided swingarm
polished frame
chrome dipped everything else thats chrome
K&N filter
520 chain conversion
HID headlight
LED tail lights
LED turn signals
LED Mirror signals
Seat covers
Blueflame colored titanium dual port can
Blueflame header
Lamborgini ignous bionca tri coat white paint (not sure how to spell that)

The list goes on but this is a genral to get an idea, Bike is near mint minus a small knick in the paint on the rear seat cover from being dropped and a small 1 1/2" crack thats not noticable on the left side fairing.let me know what you guys think it may be worth

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Looks like it's still got the 16" wheel?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea... i bought the 17" for it but couldn't bring myself to change it. i love the way she handles now and didnt wanna waste the money on the powder coating for it just to realize i like the 16" better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its tought, i really Love this bike, Im 6'2 200 lbs and the bike fits me really well, it handles like a dream and its a real head turner, plus i have countless hours and money into it. I hate parting with it but id really like a 1000rr, something fuel injected and a bit more powerfull. I feel as if im debating to weather or not to give up my kid...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
yea... i bought the 17" for it but couldn't bring myself to change it. i love the way she handles now and didnt wanna waste the money on the powder coating for it just to realize i like the 16" better.
I think they handle just fine with the 16" as well - I've ridden lots of 16" front wheeled bikes though as just about all sportsbikes had them in the eighties.
But the 17" is a mod that's right near the top of the list so I just thought it odd that you hadn't done it :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Its tought, i really Love this bike, Im 6'2 200 lbs and the bike fits me really well, it handles like a dream and its a real head turner, plus i have countless hours and money into it. I hate parting with it but id really like a 1000rr, something fuel injected and a bit more powerfull. I feel as if im debating to weather or not to give up my kid...
Any reason you can't have two bikes?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
dont have 7-8 k laying around for a newer blade
Then I'd say keep her :)
When you mess with a bike you have to figure you're never going to sell it because you'll never get back what you put into it.
And it's tough to find somebody that has exactly the same ideas as you for what they want their bike to look like. If you still have all the original parts to go with it that'd open up the potential customer base though.
Pick up a wrecked 1000RR and build it yourself.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Then I'd say keep her :)
When you mess with a bike you have to figure you're never going to sell it because you'll never get back what you put into it.
And it's tough to find somebody that has exactly the same ideas as you for what they want their bike to look like. If you still have all the original parts to go with it that'd open up the potential customer base though.
Pick up a wrecked 1000RR and build it yourself.
:plus1:

What the reason for selling yours to buy another blade? Is there anything wrong with yours?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nothing wrong with it, just wanna get something with more updated suspension, fuel injected, more hp ect...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts