Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Hass eliminator a few weeks ago in junction with my Devil high pipe. Ryan sent a map for the 954 with high pipe wich I loaded to the PC. It seems like I was getting a little more pull up arround 8K. The only thing that bugged me is that I had a noticeable loss of torque and a stumble/sputter below 4k. I tried the accel pump feature, also tried other maps for full systems etc. The bottom line........I re-installed the HTEV and have it has ran worse than it ever has. I have almost no power below 4k, when I am cruising on the freeway between 5-6K it surges and bucks, it smells like raw gas out of the exhaust, and the fuel light comes on at 80 mi instead of 95 with the eliminator, and 100 with stock trim. I reset the PC and loaded the stock map that I had before, and disabled the accell pump feature. I have a feeling that the HTEV cables may be out of adjustment. If so, would it cause my bike to run this way, and run rich? I looked arround a couple of bike shops here and none of them had a manual in stock. Does anyone have the HTEV cable adjustment procedure? Or any other ideas? :idunno: Thanks.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.....Just disconnected the Power Commander, and took it for a short test run, and it ran worse. That rules out the PC.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to Ryan Hass, it looks like they don't have test data for the CA 954 model. They won't even sell to anyone with a 929 w/high pipe. It looks like the catalytic converter needs to be removed on my bike to run the eliminator and high pipe. I ordered the mid pipe (without Cat) from Devil Bikes. If that doesn't work in conjunction with the Hass map, I will get a custom map made.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS...................I spent as much $$$ as a full system. If you have a CA model bike, you are better off just buying the full system. For the 49 state models, the Hass Eliminator may be a good way to save a little cash.

·
Registered
347 Posts
agreed, have a cali 02' 954 with full yosh system and pcIII, and have had no problems like the ones you've described. not to rub it in, but feel fortunate i went that route.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts