Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm a little dumb, I want to start a website for my team on the league mainly to keep track of stats and have the schedule availible for the rest of the team to check where we are playing each week. The site is unregistered, where do I go to register it. My work does webhosting so I can host it free through work but I want to register the site under my name in case I leave the company for any reason.

Any info will help.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you need DNS Services, Register.com has a really nice setup. You register the domain, then use their frontend to the dns entries. I run my own server, and have a static IP address.
Fig

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
from time to time yahoo has a special, register your domain for $2.99 for 2 years. They'll host your site for money or they'll forward it to your ip for free.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sheepofblue said:
I use godaddy and to a redirect to my IP. I am sure the experts do more but you can see the effect if you go to the sheep site.
I opened an account at godaddy and registered my very own domain :hero:

Then I used my works dnsmadeeasy.com account to forward it to my works web server. Now I have to wait 48-72hours for the changes to take effect then I can upload my website and celebrate :highclap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts