Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud owner of a 2006 1000rr blade only one problem I want both of my headlights lit when I am cruising. If you know of a site or where I can get info to modify my headlight wiring so both lights burn in low and high that would be great.:idunno:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got 06' 1krr too. all I did was point my highbeam down and run highbeam all the time. was sick of people telling me "your lights are blowen"... If anyone knows how to wire to run both high and low continually I would really like to know how too.... Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
don't know the exact wiring for the 06', but if you pull up the wiring harness and figure out the wiring colors, i can't see that it would be a big deal to get the desired lighting. it already supports the high beams anyway, so fusing problems shouldn't be an issue. just a thought:huh:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cheers mate. You are right though as the highbeam side is a pin reflector and the low is more of a wider reflector so don't know if there is a way around just wirring as they both use the same bulb! just the reflector is different????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did find away to do it I went to a local checker auto parts bought some double filament bulbs and three prong wiring hareness and some blade conectors I will put up part numbers and more info here as soon as I test it further. It does work though. I get low beams on both and high beams on both I am going to ajust the hight of the right lense tonight and test it then I will put up instructions and pics of how too. when done it looks stock with no cutting to bike wires and can be removed easily and returned to stock.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
man that would be bright with both on high beams. i expect the extra drawould be no more than 30 watts or so.

i know for the f4i people would switch to to h4s from an h4 and an h7 bulb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts