Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently went to a trade show with my boss and entered every competition they had.

Just recieved notification that I had won a day at Calder Park race way. during the day I get to drivethe reigning champion, Brett Peters, championship winning Subaru WRX STi GT performance Race car around the race track, Followed by a hot lap with Brett in his Ford V8 Konica Supercar (620hp 1350kg).

I think it will be quite excitng even though I may myself

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Congrats. Chances are though, that they won't let you take the car over 100mph. The brother of this lady I know works on one of the Indy pit crews, and she got to drive one of the Indy cars around Indianapolis speedway, but she had to stay under 100mph

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
So then what you do if they won't let you go over 100 is from a dead stop accelerate SUPER hard up to 100 and then stop again...accelerate hard again....stop again....burn some rubber man.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
  Congrats ratter (aka fellow post whore)!.  I hope the 100 mph thingy isn't true, but even if it is the 'hot lap' should make you shite yourself - yo! Or maybe that would be 'wh00t!'.  Have fun, let us know how it went.

Edit:  what day do you do this?

·
Registered
595 Posts
GET OUTTA HERE!!!!

That is soooo cool! Have a great time, and don't break anything you can't afford to fix!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys,
I don't think the acceleration will panic me, as I own a blade ;)I also own a 600hp+ big block street machine, which accelerates rather quickly, the corners and the breaking points may worry me, but I will have a smile from ear to ear
It is on August the 7th, the fiance will hopefully take some pics.

Don't know if they will have speed or rev restictions on us when we drive, but I guess i'll find out, either way it should be fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts