Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal I’ve been racing with WERA West. One of the five classes that my bike is eligible for is vintage 7 heavyweight (Pre-1996 bikes). Consistency and the fact the not many people have raced in the Vintage 7 heavyweight class this year has lead me to a regional championship (60point lead) with 2 rounds remaining. My question is should I were my #1 plate with pride or just keep my same race #? I’m currently 3rd in Heavyweight Twins Superbike and the guys in front of me are a lot fast so I don’t think I will catch them.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ditto....

Even though this is in writing and out there for the world to see I will deny ever agreeing with CBR929E.
You could have just posted then pretended you didn't see his post :rolleyes:

Unless you have a specific attachment to your number, use the number 1 plate to get you some sponsorship money. Play it up and be sure to mention all of the air time your bike will likely get at the races next year, and the sponsor pictures you'll give them with their name and the #1 plate.

Good luck with the rest of the season ... maybe putting extra effort into scoring more points in the other class. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Will be sure to post up our track pics this Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar. Then you can show us where your bike is. :evilaugh:

Oh and now we have dirtbikes too.....:smilebig:

I've ridden in every one of those months :p but last winter I didn't have a bike to ride and the 2 previous winters before I didn't put it away until late december. although the first of those years I did take the bike out a few times over the winter on "nice" days. The 929 I never wanted to ride around with salt and crap on the road.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Are you sure you can use it?
Back when I won the GTU championship with the CCS the #1 was for the overall points champ, not individual class champ.
But I don't know about WERA. :idunno:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
#1 for sure.

Oh yeah, and goto Disneyland.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure you can use it?
Back when I won the GTU championship with the CCS the #1 was for the overall points champ, not individual class champ.
But I don't know about WERA. :idunno:
I know the same with WSMC also. With WERA in each class if you win your region you can run the #1 on your bike. I would sport a #1 with a v next to it for vintage.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
That depends. I believe in numbers and their relative personal attachment value. I could have run anything from a 1 to a 7 at some point during the past 40 years, but for some reason my original AFM number stuck (and I never had to go out in first practice on a cold track). My last GLRRA number was 4 and I even put a small 4 on the edge of my plate, but I'll carry my "own" number until someone actually takes it from me. (Just try . . .)

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Do what seems best to you, champ! Not many of us will ever get the chance to make that decision. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
That depends. I believe in numbers and their relative personal attachment value. I could have run anything from a 1 to a 7 at some point during the past 40 years, but for some reason my original AFM number stuck (and I never had to go out in first practice on a cold track). My last GLRRA number was 4 and I even put a small 4 on the edge of my plate, but I'll carry my "own" number until someone actually takes it from me. (Just try . . .)
If I ever race my number is illegal :down: I could revert to my dirt number but it has no great importance to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts