Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody needs to educate me here. I cannot fathom why this emoticon...

...doesn't suggest that I think the guy above me in the thread is stupid.

How the hell does use of this emoticon infer than I'm somehow in agreement?

A great Fireblades mystery that needs to be unraveled for your brother Chain.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I would have to say that this emotiocon probably evolved from the once popular 'I'm with stupid' T-shirts (you know, the one with the pic of a hand pointing toward your mate). The key word (here at the .org) being 'with' not 'stupid'.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Chain,
I respectfully dispute your claim of 'original monochrome man'!

I had a 2000 model 929 that was solid black, then solid metallic silver before I sold it.

Let's see if I can attach a pic...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
tigerblade : It's like the guy-hug where you slap the guy's back instead of really hugging.  'It says 'I'm huggin' ya, but I'm hittin' ya''
Exactly.  'I'm with him' is ghei.  Plus, it discriminates against women.  Stupidity doesn't discriminate.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Chain : Somebody needs to educate me here. I cannot fathom why this emoticon...

...doesn't suggest that I think the guy above me in the thread is stupid.

How the hell does use of this emoticon infer than I'm somehow in agreement?

A great Fireblades mystery that needs to be unraveled for your brother Chain.
I thought we covered this the other day.

Let it go man! Let it go!

I used to think the same thing you do, but since everyone else knows what it means and uses it the same way, I figure screw it, I'll just go with it! You should do the same. At fireblades.org, we do not encourage independent thinking. We are all part of a collective. We will assimilate you. Resistance is futile! :iamwithstupid:NOTTT!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
its like slapping a guy on the ass for doing a good job, you know..........atta boy! Not only are you saying good job but your also expressing your feminine side by physically touching another mans ass.

Understand.........?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
would mean that they are calling you names.  Although I have found that the   works better than the   as it seems somewhat patronizing and pretty .   (Kookieish).

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
stegen : Quote (ratter1 @ Aug. 13 2003, 4:41pm)Quote (alexandra @ Aug. 14 2003, 5:28am)Poor Chain...so confused  
It's not hard to do
yup, doesnt take much
Typical cop mentality.....a little below the common man.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
smkeatr : Quote (stegen @ Aug. 13 2003, 8:22pm)Quote (ratter1 @ Aug. 13 2003, 4:41pm)Quote (alexandra @ Aug. 14 2003, 5:28am)Poor Chain...so confused  
It's not hard to do
yup, doesnt take much
Typical cop mentality.....a little below the common man.
You mean cop stereotype, or...

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TAZ : Chain,
I respectfully dispute your claim of 'original monochrome man'!

I had a 2000 model 929 that was solid black, then solid metallic silver before I sold it.

Let's see if I can attach a pic...
Hrmph.

OK, I submit.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bacchus : Chain, just accept that it means the person utilizing the emoticon is in agreement with the person above.  Quit analyzing it to death!     Just a sort of play on words  
The reason this all came about is because abtech used it on me in a post in the 'rear brake' thread. I was immediately bewildered, like a stupid, tire-rolling primate.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I hate to make Chain lose his mind by coming to his defense....but I think this emoticon is weird too...

Actually its not the emoticon, its the usage....I've seen it used both ways, so that always makes it hard to judge the intended meaning.....

Maybe it could be improved a bit?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts