Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister got a phone call from a detective from Livonia, MI PD. He said that they found my sister's drivers license in the glove box of a car they recovered. The renewal date on the license was from '04. She did renew her license then, but has not lost it nor had her wallet stolen.

What gives? Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

I told her she needs to go get a new DL number and a new SSN, just to be safe. Anything else?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
She can have my identity. I don't want it anymore.

On a serious side - Any idiot could have grabbed her info on-line. All you need is a small amount of info and it snowballs with work to reveal a great deal of personal information.

I would perform a credit check, have my Driver's Lic. # changed, have my SS# changed, as well as my Checking and Savings Account, and have new Credit Card numbers issued.

Hopefully the phone call was some sort of scam, but you never know.

I hope all turns out well.
It's a lot of work, but I say better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
What did she do with it when the old one expired?

I would verify that it was really the PD that called (social engineering attempt) then I would check with the credit bureau's and maybe consider tagging it with a fraud alert. Also see if you can find out who owned the stolen car.

Good luck hope she has no problems.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
ND4SPD said:
Ohio DMV repo's your license when you go to get your new one.
like whoa, sounds to me like there is something fishy with the DMV.

Ounce of Prevention vs. Pound of cure...I'd work on changing it all over. It's out there and reproduceable, and even if its sleeping now - it may not be later. Best to change it while she is free and clear. Also be sure to check for any weird charges on store credit cards - those are often the easiest to assuage use of through illicit means. I just pay the secret service to watch my ID though, much easier ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts