Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
For the post about the bike falling off the edge... ouch!! The Super Duke Dummy.... it is called a steering damper, you should probably invest. The car in the roof... I'm with sky on this one, how teh fcuk?

As far as this entire thread, I'm sure squids fall into the idiot category! I am surrounded by them where I live, all day long I see at least 15 bikes/riders with absolutely nothing on but a helmet. I have seen shirtless in short wearing flip-flops, all the way down to barefoot in a speedo and helmet.... last one was pretty scary..... not a small fella either...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
So what I'm hearing its not okay for me to wears crocs swim shorts and wifebeater tank top and no helment while I ride? Sob. But but its just so hot. And I look cooler with no gear :)

I love the roller blades on the busa!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Dang tourists!!!

The roller blades on the busa had me thinking of some cool stunting you could do with such a set-up :evilaugh:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Felt a bit sorry for the guy on the ktm but I suppose he shouldn't have been showing off. Has anyone seen the guy who takes a gixxer green laning? I'll find the link

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
^ What an idiot! Funny, you don't hear any engine in the last 40 seconds. Hahaha, serves him right taking a gixxer on a mud road.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Very funny Gary, the thing is he tackled that road to slow :)
The real funny thing is, myself and two mates did this same sort of thing a few years back thinking the road down would be ok. The road was a recreational road my mate had been down a few years before in a 4WD and he said it was easily rideable on our road bikes. My 954, an R1 and a VTR1000. None of us dropped the bikes, I don't know how, the road was too steep and wet to turn around and go back so we just had to keep going. The mud was jamming our wheels at times and clogged the radiators. The road was closed to all soon after our trek. So yes, I suppose I'm an idiot as well.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
The real funny thing is, myself and two mates did this same sort of thing a few years back thinking the road down would be ok. The road was a recreational road my mate had been down a few years before in a 4WD and he said it was easily rideable on our road bikes. My 954, an R1 and a VTR1000. None of us dropped the bikes, I don't know how, the road was too steep and wet to turn around and go back so we just had to keep going. The mud was jamming our wheels at times and clogged the radiators. The road was closed to all soon after our trek. So yes, I suppose I'm an idiot as well.

As I dont want to fall out with you Ill agree with your self assessment :rotfl:

Couple of years ago a few of the lads decided we would for a Sunday run which was a grand idea at the start until they decided to go cross country, I spent most of the time standing up in the pegs, they were flabergasted that I managed the blade on the "roads" np. Give the guy his dues it had been years since he was on and didnt realize how bad it had become :D

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
^ Just shows, you guys got a good sense of adventure. ^

You do know they make "dirtbikes" for that type of activity, right? :eyebrows:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I've hinted toward it numerous times, even threatened to post, but never did. I took the 954 down a similar type of road and saw the same handling problems. I didn't have an off, but came close about 10x. I got to a washed out "bridge" after crossing 2 others of like-shiteness. The bridges were basically spaced rail-road ties with 2 x 4's lined up lengthwise about 4 across. These "bridges" had no railings to be had, and only about 18 inches to the edge from the tire intended surface, followed by a 3 meter or so drop to a creek-bed.... Anyway, total distance in was just shy of 6 miles, at the end of the road, or where I made it end, was at the third "bridge" that was missing most of the boards for tire area and cross-beams.... My only choice became to turn around and endure the 6 mile trip back out of the mess. It was mostly comprised of sticky, wet, and loose red clay/dirt with the frequent puddle and tons upon tons of ruts that threatened to toss you at any time... To make it all better, a little over a mile or so heading back out it started to rain pretty good, making the puddles little lakes, forming new puddles, and making the little cross-road rivers flow harder.... I am happy to say that I did not have an off, and I only got Serenity stuck once. I actually had to get off the one time to push her out while she was still powered, easier than digging further in with my 400 lbs of fat plopped on top of her... Am I a dumbass? Maybe... but I was searching for an exceptionally twisty road that I found on a map and figured the road couldn't go on too long.... oops...

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
^ Just shows, you guys got a good sense of adventure. ^

You do know they make "dirtbikes" for that type of activity, right? :eyebrows:
Thanks for letting me know that John, DIDN'T KNOW THAT!:)

I also forgot to mention that we done the whole decent, about 6 Kim's with the motor off and in gear so we could have both feet on the ground and use the motor as a brake, **** scared to use the front brake to much.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts