Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rgr hey nother thing do you know if i can put bigger carbs on my bike since its bored to 1000 or 1100 ?? thinking about put'n a blackbird carb on it think i could benefit from it ??

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do you know that it is bored, but not know how much it is bored to?

I ask because often when an engine is rebuilt, it is bored out because the cylinder walls were too damaged to use. They bore it out .10 or .20, which is a tenth or twentieth of an inch. A lot of people think this = more displacement and it does, but not enough to make a big difference.

In actuality, if it needed bored .20 over, you gain around 3 cubic centimeters. So you go from 900cc to 903cc. EDIT: Maybe 904, since 1 cubic inch is a little over 16 cubic centimeters. Either way, you're not going to see any power increase and you wouldn't even have to rejet for a 4cc overbore.

If it has been truly bored out to 1000cc, (and even if it hasn't actually) you should be able to bolt up the carbs off a bigger bike if you jet them correctly. Whether or not it is worth the pain in the ass, that is a different story. If the bike runs OK with your stock carb, and your fueling is not a problem (i.e. your plugs check tan and not white as in too lean) then I'd stay with the stock carb. But that's just me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well ima find out this summer lol ima take the whole thing apart and ill find out for sure the only reason why i ask for a carb is bc a piston vaccum is broke well i should say torn the reason so im looking for some spare parts and buying new thing for the carburator when i could get another carburator for the same price as the piston vaccums makes more sence to me once i have that part or used carburator ime take it in to the shop and see what they can do or find out about it

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
freet a little punctuation goes a long way.

and the 929 fairings will only bolt right up to a 929. to fit them to any other bike you'll have to get a little creative and make up some custom mounts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts