Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day,
i am sorry issue i have might have been discussed already but i still can not find any solution. my bike honda cbr 954(stock)is have problems starting and holding idle, when it starts it sound as if its misfiring it dies out if i dont hold the throttle open.When i turn the key on the screen appears like in the video below,could it be an error code if so can someone kindly assist what it means. The plugs are dark and at times drenched in petrol i checked the fpr but it shows neither signs of malfunction as instructed or mentioned by posts here.thank you for assistint

Attachments

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
lemme see... just a WILD guess, but there's an electrical AND vacuum sensor juuuust behind/under the fuel tank on the right side as you're seated. the name of said sensor escapes me, but if the vacuum tube is disconnected (as mine has been in the past), it'll throw up an error code, run rough (as if it's rich), smoke some, and will only start when throttle is twisted.

again. this is an issue I had, but your symptoms sound familiar.

when starting, does it run rough, and and then when the MIL lamp illuminates & remains lit, it "smoothes out"...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lemme see... just a WILD guess, but there's an electrical AND vacuum sensor juuuust behind/under the fuel tank on the right side as you're seated. the name of said sensor escapes me, but if the vacuum tube is disconnected (as mine has been in the past), it'll throw up an error code, run rough (as if it's rich), smoke some, and will only start when throttle is twisted.

again. this is an issue I had, but your symptoms sound familiar.

when starting, does it run rough, and and then when the MIL lamp illuminates & remains lit, it "smoothes out"...?
it runs rough and the mil lamp remains lit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts